Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

having numbing spells and getting really dizzy

Hello,

i am a 21 year old female...Mother of 3. And for the past 3-4 months, i've been having numbing spells and getting really dizzy. I was in the hospital in may for 6 days with all kinds of test taken and with no results. I don't know what is wrong with me...Please let me know I want my old life back.

Jennifer Confused
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 25th, 2003
My mother was having the same symptoms, they found that she had arthritis in her lower back that caused numbing in her arms and legs and dizzy spells. Hope this can help. Good luck
|

replied September 25th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
I suggest you keep going back to the doctors and insist that there is something wrong and that you would like more testing done. Some doctors like to dismiss symptoms as your imagination or just simply "nothing". Keep going back or find a different doctor who will be able to give you some kind of diagnosis. Let us know how your doing
tanya Smile
|

replied September 26th, 2003
Jennifer
ive read about these symtoms a little bit. There are a few things that seem to cause this:

extreme stress
back or neck problems(worn out disks, arthritis)
some medications(prednisone, imuran, others are possible)
hyperventilation(mild asthma)
vertigo(problems with inner ear)

theres more serious possibilites such as hypertension or stroke. Have you have an mri? If not you may want to insist on it.

Someone in another post I read had this to say, I dont know much about any of the terms but may be something youd like to look into a little more.

"diagnoses for the dizziness have ranged from inner ear disorders (ruled out by normal eng), tmj disorder (fixed, but dizziness remained), benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (no nystagmus, and the epley maneuvre did not cure it; nor did vertigo exercises); poor posture (corrected now, but dizziness remains); vertebral artery insufficiency (ruled out by trans-cranial doppler and normal mra's of brain and neck); adio-nerve damage (ruled out by baer); stroke (normal brain mri--no scarring from stroke)."
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Your symptoms are consistent with Addison disease. I would suggest you to have morning serum cortisol to sort it out.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.