Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Effect of Forgetting 2nd Morning After Pill?

Can I please get some feedback as to,

whether only taking the first morning tablet and forgetting to take the second tablet actually helps prevent pregnancies at all, or do both must be taken together to have any sort of effect at all?

If having only just taken the 1st morning after pill and forgetting to take the 2nd actually has any effect on the period?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 19th, 2004
Re: Please Help:effect of Forgetting 2nd Morning After Pill?
aquan wrote:
can I please get some feedback as to,

whether only taking the first morning tablet and forgetting to take the second tablet actually helps prevent pregnancies at all, or do both must be taken together to have any sort of effect at all?

If having only just taken the 1st morning after pill and forgetting to take the 2nd actually has any effect on the period?
|

replied July 19th, 2004
The levonelle 2 pill, which i'm guessing you took, is only effective when ou take both pills twelve hours apart, if you forget it I don't know what the effects are, you can take it no more than 16 hours after the first though. If it has only been a day since you had unprotected sex or the condom split or whatever happened. Then go back to the doctors and get another perscription and this time remember both pills. If however it has been more than 72 hours, then I don't think the levonelle 2 pill will have worked and you need both doses of the hormone to stop the sperm settling in the egg. If the sperm does settle then one dose of the hormone has shown not to harm the developing foetus.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...