Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Random Question* a 'late' Baby

K my friend katy just had her baby the day before yesterday... Anyhow, her due date was supposibly june.26th so the baby was 2 weeks and 4 days late. She still didnt go on her own! They finally induced her. Anyhow maybe not, but I was thinking they probably got her due date wrong, because the baby was a boy and he only weighed 7lbs 12oz which is good except I would think he would be bigger for bein in there 2 1/2 weeks extra.. Or is it more common then I think to go over that much on a first pregnancy and still have a regular sized baby? I just didnt think people went over the 2 week mark too much. They couldve gotten her due date wrong because she had a mid-wife so they only did one ultrasound and did things much different. She does have a history of drugs and had an abortion last yr Shocked (but she seems to really love this baby dont get me wrong) anyhow, just curious, doesnt really matter*
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 16th, 2004
Especially eHealthy
Hey
Hmmm, I really don't know. I would think the baby would have been bigger though. But, yes if her due date was a lil off.... Hmm I dunno.
|

replied July 16th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
I would say her due date was off! But it could be other things too I guess, who knows! When I was born I was 3 weeks late and only weighed 6 lbs, 13 oz...So I think its safe to say my moms due date was off! I guess all that really matters in the end is a healthy baby!
|

replied July 16th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Ohhh I dunoh......Alexander was supposed to be born on the 7 and was born on the 17.... And crysals baby was supposed to be born ont he 7 and was born on the 16...So hmmmm
|

replied July 16th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Well her due date could have been off but then again maybe not. I read somewhere that on average that later the baby is the less is will likely weigh.
|

replied July 16th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I think the due date could have been off. My doc said im due nov 10, but she gave me a range of nov 5th to the 10th lol. So I dont know! I guess I can wait that long!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...