Hello Everyone My name is Susan

I am 30 years old and trying to have my first baby through IUI. I am in my 2 week wait right now. Hoping that this month will be the one. Laughing Very Happy Very Happy

Anyone else out there in the 2 week waiting period?

Anyone out there from Canada?

Looking forward to talking to everyone.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 19th, 2003
IUI Attempt
Hey, I hope this is your month! I got pregnant through IUI when I was 30 years old too. That was 8 years ago. So I'm not going through it now, but boy do I remember what those 2 week waits were like. I got pregnant with my son on my 3rd attempt. Please let us know how it goes!!
|

replied July 20th, 2003
Thanks for the reply
Hello and thanks for the word of encouragement and the reply to my post. I was wondering if you used Donor sperm for your IUI or if you used your spouses sperm? I am using donor and my only fear is that I basically get one chance a month and I am hoping that will be enough. I know they say it only takes once but I am worried. the donor sperm is quite expensive and I only have enough to buy three more after next month then I am not sure what I will do. Most people I have talked to seemed to get pg on the third try. I am hoping this is the one for me.

Last month I knew that it didn't work. This month I am trying not to be so concerned about every little twinge and I have had two dreams of being pg this week. Now I don't know if that is wishful thinking or intuition. Razz I am hoping it is the second one. I am actually going away to the lake tomorrow and I thought that I would just not take a pg test with me so that I can't test then part of me is thinking why not. It is crazy all the waiting you have to do. Wait for your positive Ovulation, get the IUI wait for two weeks and if it doesn't start do that all over.

Well I will let you know. Laughing Laughing Laughing
|

replied July 21st, 2003
I just replied to your other post
So are you using donor?? We thought about that too, but can't find much info on that. My husband had a vasectomy reversal and his count is still low. We will wait until December and if things don't improve we would consider using donor sperm.

Do you mind me asking how much did you pay? Where did you have your IUI done? From which cryo bank did you get the sperm?

Sorry for asking so many questions but that really interests me.
Thanks,

Marcelle Very Happy
|

replied July 27th, 2003
hello again..
So your husband had a vasectomy too?? My husband's vasectomy was 11 years old when he had it reversed. Did you get to see any photo of the donor?

Thanks,
Marcelle
|

replied July 27th, 2003
Hello
Hi Marcelle

Well my spouse had his almost 13 years ago now and the doctor didn't think that it would be worth the money involved to reverse. They said that chances are the sperm just wouldn't work.

I am really bummed out today I started my period so that is another month down the drain. I am in such a bad mood and feeling very emotional. I just got home from being out all day and walked into to my spouse and step son watching a movie that I wanted to watch with them tonight and I just lost it. Then spouse and I got into a fight. He doesn't even know why I am so moody and upset. I just feel out of control and I want to cry.

You see this baby is really for me. My spouse is 48 and already has two children 20 and 12 and he really didn't want any more and I thought that I would be able to handle that but recently I fell into a big depression and after lots of counselling I figure out this is really what I wanted. I wanted a child of my own.

You see I have a step child and I love him to pieces but it isn't really the same. I felt I was missing out on something. I spoke to my spouse and he said that he would be alright with becoming a father again if it was really what I wanted. He is going to adopt the child so that legally he is the childs father.

So with IUI number 2 not working I am really upset and sad. My spouse tries to be supportive but he just doesn't know what to do to console me.

As for the donor everything is kept pretty confidential. I was given a write up describing the individual, and other medical and family history, what his interests are and what his reason for becoming a donor are. There is an option to get pictures of different parts of your donors face so instead of a full face picture you would get a picture of his eye, ear, nose etc. So you would have an idea but not really know him. But this cost an additional $250. The IUI, meds, and sperm already cost a fortune so I opted out of the pictures and I am hoping for the best.

Sorry to drop this all on you but I just needed to say it. Thanks for listening.
|

replied July 27th, 2003
Hi..
Hi snoozin.. I am sorry you are feeling down today. It's totally normal to feel that way, believe me. I cry when AF shows up to me also. It's frustrating because I also want to be a mom. I think for men, this whole ttc thing feels different. I posted a reply to you at that other group that I mentioned to you, not knowing that you posted here already.

My dh is 41 and he didn't have a vasectomy done as soon as they got married. I also don't have any children of my own, so we are trying to have our very first one. We are married for 5 years but just last year my dh considered a vasectomy reversal done. I tried to find out about all our options and we thought that we would try to have our own bio child before trying anything else. A virtual friend of mine whose husband had a vasectomy 18 years ago (he also didn't have any bio child) went to Genesis Clinic and they both decided to try IVF/ICSI. The first attemp was cancelled in the beginning because she wasn't responding well to the fertility drugs but the second attempt was sucessful and she had fraternal twins in May (a boy and a little girl). But IVF/ICSI is very expensive. Over $12K dollars. I tried to contact all the adoption agencies in BC also and they also sent me papers with information, but I just couldn't go ahead and start the adoption process. I thought about donor also, but something kept telling me that we should try the reversal first and I was happy when dh agreed on going to Vancouver. We stayed for 4 days at a hotel in Richmond and everything our plane tickets and hotel was paid by my husband's employer, but the cost of surgery was high.

We hope dh's sperm count will continue improving so if don't conceive naturally we can try IUI with dh's own sperm, which doesn't cost much (I think $300 without fertility drugs). Do you have OPK's?? How did you monitor your ovulation date prior to IUI??

Anyway, I hope you feel better tomorrow. Oh, I have another virtual friend who lives in Quebec. We exchange e-mails all the time. She is 35 and is trying to have her first baby. Her husband has two kids already from a previous relationship, and he also had a vasectomy done about 8 years ago. He doesn't want to have a reversal. Confused

Best of luck to you..
Keep in touch,

Marcelle
|

replied January 11th, 2004
Vasctomy Reversals
My husband had a vascetomy 9 years ago and the doctor says we have a 88% chance of it working but I am concerned about me and me possibly having endrometriosis should we try for a year first and then start to be concerened? I have a 3 year old son and I ma 23 should I be concerned?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Andrijana Shterjovska
User Profile
User Profile
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....