Hello everyone. I had my gastric bypass on 11-3-03. I thank god I had it done and I would have it again in a heartbeat. I didn't have any pain or problems after the surgery and I recovered very quickly. The problem I am having is that I also can eat a doulble cheesburger, fries, and a medium soda. I don't eat like thatanymore but I did try it just to see if I could and it scared me more than anything else. I have to say to "princess" that it's not that any one wants to continue to be able to eat like that and I understand what you are saying about controlling what you eat, but... It was my understanding that the surgery would prevent me from being able to eat large amounts of anything. I was told it would take me all day to drink a bottle of water. The other lady was not bragging about being able to eat that stuff. Honey, it's scary being able to do that when you know you shouldn.T be able to. I talked to my surgeon and he did that test when you drink that nasty milkshake to see how bnig your stomach is, and he said my stomach was alright. I also do not have any problems with sugar. When I first had my surgery, I was 304lbs, I now weigh 232. My doctor also feels i'm not losing fast enough. I want to know if any doctors in this field understand why this is happening. What happened to only being able to eat only a couple of ounces of food? Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...