Medical Questions > Parenting > Preteens Forum

Swelling In a 11 Year Olds Fingers

My daughter who is 11 years old is getting swelling in her fingers. Any idea what would cause this? Salt intake was our only guess, but she does not use alot of salt.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 23rd, 2003
???swelling??
Uh oh...I have never heard of that...Scary....The only thing I can think of is you know how when you walk for a long time and your fingers start to swell from all the blood...Maybe its just filled with fluid or blood..Have you taken her to a doctor?? That might help ya never know....Maybe they could do a biopsy!!!

Good luck!!
I hope I was usefull!!! Breanna
|

replied October 2nd, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Seek Help
Swelling of any kind can be a sign of a heart abnormality...Have her looked at for that. My son has an arythmic heart and gets swelling sometimes.

Good luck with everything,

jennifer Laughing
|

replied July 16th, 2012
allergies can cause swelling. my brothers lips swelled up when we found out he was allergic to cashews.

hope she's okay!
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It could be due peripheral vascular disease, Raynaud's, drugs or pomopholyx. Consult dermatologist to evaluate her.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Tags: swelling
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Arvind Malhotra
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Preteens , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.