Im feeling super guilty. First I left her 4 days for camp, one night to b with friends, the beach, um a ovrnighter, but im still with hr a lot n now the 4th of july...I feel like a bad mom.How do u balance bein mom/teenager without feelin like this? M I wrong to leave? I always wana take her but my mom insists I go without her. My sus n her 7 month old live in our house for now n she gets mad...But I m a teenager too u kno? N im responsible...Ughhh help

mol
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 30th, 2004
Ahh poor you it must be so hard, I think being a teenager you should be able to go out and let your hair down and release stress etc. As long as you know where your responsabilities lie, and dont leave the baby too much, its not their fault? Dont feel guilty you have another 18 odd years to be a mum!!!
|

replied June 30th, 2004
Especially eHealthy
Hey
Molly,
the above is right. Have fun. Let your hair down and let loose, but know where you need to be at times too. You have to balance mommy time and tenage time. And mommy time...... It must overshadow the teen time. But that dosen't mean you cannot go have fun! Just make sure livy isn't neglicted while you are having fun! Which I know for a fact isn't happening~ you are a good mother!
|

replied July 1st, 2004
Experienced User
I dont kno u that well, but from what ive read, you are a great moomy, who loves her daughter very much. Follow your instincts, hun. You should deffinatly go out sometimes and be a 'teenager', but there will be times when u have to make a decision between going out and being with your daughter. Only *you* know what is the right thing to do. Just the fact that you are feeling like a "bad mom" (which, b.T.W. You are totally not!!) that shows that your daughter is more imprtant to you than going out.
Hang in there, hun, you are **not** a bad mom!!!!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...