Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

I'm 5'7" And About 170. I Am Overweight?

I'm 15 yrs. Old who is 5'7" and I about 170 lbs. I think i'm overweight and my friends tell me that i'm not. A friend told me that I look like i'm 140-145. Can anyone tell me what the average is for a person who is 5'7"? Also can you tell me if i'm overweight because I want to be at a health weight, I could really care less about being super skinny, all I want is to be health and look health. Thanks for your replies. Please help me out!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile sandyallen
|
Users who thank bbygrace for this post: Ben1089 

User Profile
replied June 30th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I felt about the same way when I was about your age, I swam a lot, gymnastics, running, I had a lot of muscle tone and that will add the weight, you are right about not wanting to be skinny, you will end up sick! Try and except yourself how you are and be happy!

Sincerely,
sandy
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....