I am about 8 days late, and for the last 3 days i've been having this dull to almost sharp pain in my lower right abdomen. However, I have also been feeling nauseous, my nipples are sore, and I get little dizzy spells that last for a few seconds. I'm also starving all the time, and I have to make a potty stop more often. I haven' thad a fever, and the pain is just to one side instead of in the center, and it's localized to that one area. Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 29th, 2004
Experienced User
Whether this is a normal pregnancy, ectopic or appendicitis you should see a doctor immediately. Only a doctor can run all the necessary tests to determine exactly what is going on with you. You should take a hpt just so you can tell your doctor that you did and the results were either positive or negative. Regardless of the hpt the doctor will do another to confirm the results so they can pinpoint what is going on with you.
|

User Profile
replied June 29th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I agree - you need to see a doctor. But it is fairly common to have pain that doesn't mean anything. I had the same thing you're describing when I was 6 weeks pregnant, but my doctor found nothing wrong. She said it was probably my uterus starting to expand. My muscles and tendons were stretching. It was excruciating! But i'm fine.
|

replied July 4th, 2004
I agree to, sweetie...Get to the doctor. If there is something wrong, putting it off could only hurt you. I did have pains with my first chils, they thought I had a tubular pregnancy, everything was fine, thank god. My ovaries hurt me every month, my appendicites pain was higher than the ovary pain, and more to the outside of my body. Everyone is different though, but commonly with your appendix, you have fever, and vomiting. I would feel sick, throw up, then feel fine. It was an ongoing circle, until the feeling hit he that I was dying. And I would of if I wouldnt of gone to the doctor when I did. My body was full of poison from my appendix. Don't play with this, better safe than sorry.
|

replied July 7th, 2004
Well, the pain in my stomach went away a few days ago. Absolutely nothing since then. I didn't think about the fever part.. Never had one of those. But i'm assuming that since the pain has gone away that everything is fine.
|
Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...