Hi everyone! :d

my story just recently began. I now realize that problems that i've had on and off for years could have very well been warning signs leading up to the climax which has now brought me where I am now. I've had dysmenoreah (sp?), protein in my urine, anemia, a viral infection that last for two and a half weeks ( my mother thought I was going to die), two miscarriages ( one at four months (hemorraged badly) and the other at 8 weeks). I started having pains in my hands when I was pregnant with my twins (doctors said they couldn't find anything) and i've had raynauds for as long as I can remember ( pain has gotten more sever past couple of years). My twins were born with low birth weights 5pds9oz and 5p8oz and my daughter 6pds10oz. Daugter was induced at nine months because of low amniotic fluid, also had five urinary tract infections with this pregnancy. About three years ago lower back and hip pain started as well as my hair falling out. Sun sensitivity became more noticeable. The more I exercised the more pain I had. Past year joint pain has gotten increasingly worse, couldn't take it anymore, found a doctor and went to him in april. Doctor discovered positive speckled ana 1:40, positive anti ds dna 14.0 and high rhuematoid factor 34. Referred me to rheumy who says she can't rule out lupus, took additional blood work, did hand x-ray, said I definitely had raynauds and fibromyalgia and prescribed elavil and naprosyn.

Symptoms are: sunsensitivity, raynauds, malar rash, sun rash, mouth ulcers, hairloss, extreme fatigue, joint pain, achy muscles, joint swelling, shortness of breath, painful sleep, restless sleep, scalp sores and scaling, bruise marks from capilary veins which appear from sun.

The past three days i've been more swelling than usual, to the point that I can't even fit into my shoes. I don't know why, maybe the meds or something else. The swelling has my hands and feet feeling so tight. Anyway that's my story, hope to be chatting with you all soon. Thanks for reading :d
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I am so sorry you are having such problems! I am no Dr. But it sounds definitely like the raynaurds, I would get to a Dr. Or emergency and maybe they can make you a little more comfortable, it also sounds like some of the side effects from the elavil(amitriptyline(sp). Sure do hope you get some comfort soon! Keep us posted on how you are doing! You are in my prayers! I do understand the pain!
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied June 28th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Welcome, m armstrong, to the forum! There are some really great people here!
It sounds like you've been having a rough time of it! So sorry to hear that!
If you have any questions, comments, or things you want to share...Go for it! Smile

hugs,
ladybrannon
|

replied August 9th, 2004
New to the Scene
Hello everyone,

I am knew to this site and very excited. :d I have so many of the same things going on with me as everyone else. I was diagnosed with lupus last year and I did not know what to do or where to begin. Crying or Very sad I thought that I was the only person in the world dealing with some of the things we go through with this disease. I was really depressed at first, but I have learned to deal with it. I use to have alot of pain because I worried alot about little things, but I know now to just let stuff go and live my life to the fullest. Laughing that helped with controling the some of the pain. Right know I have this chest pain that just will not let me sleep comfortable. Embarassed anyone with this problem? Also shortness of breathe. I just started working and have insurance, so I will be going to the doctor shortly. Thanks for taking the time out to listen to me. It just helps to know that there are people out there that are so supportive through these trying times. Laughing
|

replied August 9th, 2004
Experienced User
Chest Pain
Tnharris 2002...

Go to the emergency room. If you are having chest pains and shortness of breath you may need serious medical attention. Do not wait until your insurance kicks in and go. I was going to see a new gp about 2 months ago and when I told the person who does the schedule about some heart palpitations, she told me to go to the er, and even though it wasn't serious, it could have been (i also have lupus) and the gp wouldn't see me without me getting checked out first (as stated, it was the first visit I was trying to schedule). The symptoms you have may be lupus related. I don't mean to shock you but the sooner it gets looked at the sooner it gets cleared up.

I was diagnosed 2 years ago in april 2002 and if I hadn't gone to the er and just waited for the insurance to kick in...Or waited for the symptoms to go away, i'd be on dialysis. I was very lucky that the doctors on duty and the team I got was very thorough. I am not in remission but I am doing much better than they thought.

If anything, tell the hosp when you receive your bill that you cannot pay up-front and you are willing to pay x amount per month. This is what I am doing for a number of hospitals, both here in myrtle beach and also back at "home" in raleigh.

Sorry if I scared you, was not my intention.

Clarebear
|

replied August 9th, 2004
Welcome tnharris,

glad to know that there is someone out there that I can relate to.Stay well.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....