If I was treated for chlamydia and had unprotected sex three days later; assuming my partner has chlamydia can I recontract it or are the antibiotics still working? Question?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 26th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
You can recontract it. That is why the doctor tells you to not have sex for at least ten days. And, why isn't your partner being treated? You will just get it back again if he/she isn't treated, and it isn't the type of infection that you can just let go.
|

replied June 26th, 2004
I had just arrived in town and was then leaving the following day to europe for a month. While I was on the previous trip my ex partner informed that he had contracted it. So I had set up a consultation that day I arrived in america b4 I left for europe-meaning it was indefinite whether I had it. It has been 10 days and my doctor has not responded with the lab results but he gave me the antibiotics for ghonnorea and chlamydia before I left just to treat whatever. So ...I dont know
|

replied June 27th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Okay, but you had been treated for it, so you knew that you and your partner had it? Or at least there was the possibility? I dunno, I am confused.
But anyway, doctors usually only call you with results on std's if they are positive. If they are negative, they usually do not call, so maybe you didn't have it to begin with.
|

replied June 4th, 2009
is it possible
i dont know but i think they are right if your doctor hasnt contacted you, you might be in the clear. i do have a question though. if you get the treament for clamidya can you still get it again within the same week of the treament? because i got the treament on tuesday this week butmy girlfriend didnt so can i get it again? its thursday now thats 2 days.
|
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....