I am having some signs that point towards pregnancy. I am wondering if it can be mental. I am having ever so slight cramps, I just had a brownish discharge type that looked like old blood. I had my lmp about 5 weeks ago. I ovulated about 2.5 weeks ago. The bleeding (or not) was 4 days, & stopped yesterday. My breasts are slightly tender, but not extremely so. I have been very weepy & emotional. I have been having headaches like crazy. Was feeling nauseous, but not enough to throw up, and it comes & goes now. Could I be pregnant or can you talk yourself into symptoms? I want to be pregnant so much, can my body just be trying to make myself think it is?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kellie0330
|

replied June 25th, 2004
Those symptoms really sound like your pregnant but you know some people have those symptoms and dont even be pregnant but maybe you need to find out for yourself go to the doctor and check
|

replied June 30th, 2004
I know exactly how you feel! I get feeling like that too, I think it's because I want to be pregnant so bad that I get fake symptoms. I found that I just have to take a test to find out because the minute I think I might be pregnant i'm just setting myself up for a big disapointment.
|

replied July 1st, 2004
Experienced User
I too have been thru these "symptoms" alot! I have been trying to have a baby for almost 4 yrs and I can tell you many many times I believed I was pregnant. But as soon as I took that test and it was confirmed that I wasn't, I started. When you want a baby alot, you notice lil things you wouldn't have noticed before and believe they could be related to pregnancy, which they can be, then again it could just be wishful thinking. In any case, I wish you luck and hope that your baby dream comes true. Smile
|

replied July 4th, 2004
I tried to get pregnant for 5 years and 11 days. During that time I had "false pregnancys" almost every month. They depressed me so bad, because I was so desperate to have a child. Can I ask you something? Do you feel pregnant? I always thought I was, but never felt like I was. When I finally got pregnant, I knew I was, even after the doctor told me my pg test was neg.. I even felt it was a girl. I named her right off. And I was right, her name is karlee and she is 5 now. You hang in there, never give up faith. That is what kept me hanging on even after doctors told me that we had 0(zero) chance of having a child together.
If you believe, it will happen. Good luck to you sweetie. I will pray for you...
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...