Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Still No Sign of a Period....

I have posted thatt me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex maybe 2 weeks before my period was due. Although he did not come inme, I missed my period. My schedule is very dependable. It usually come betweent the 28th-the 2nd. (those are the days it would start);between the end or beginning of the month. My last cycle was the 2nd of august. I havent experienced any signs of pregnancy as of yet; except extreeme fatigueness. Yesterday I started experiencing lower back pain on the left (only when I walk). I have gained a little weight(maybe 3-5 lbs). I have taken 2 home pregnancy tests. They both came up negative. I asked my mom why they would come up negative and she told me that I had taken them at the wrong time. She told me that I needed to take them in the morning when my hgc levels are peaking and the most potent. I havent taken another one. I told my boyfriend that I would take one on the 5th of october when/if I hadnt started my period. What are the chances that I could be pregnant??? Please respond with some advicec or suggestions.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 21st, 2003
Experienced User
There is a definite possibility that you are pregnant honey. Is there any you could go to a doctor to get a blood test. Sometimes your levels are not high enough for a home test to catch, however a blood test will tell you right away. However on the other hand if you stressing about it, sometimes that can cause your period to be late too. I once didnt have a period for 3 months and one day it just re-appeared. Go to your doctor to be sure and let us know how it goes!
Good luck!
Tanya Smile
|

replied September 21st, 2003
Experienced User
Ive heard that stressing it will/can delay your period. That is one thing that im not doing. I actually dont think about it. I dont think about it to make the day go by faster. If the day goes by faster then maybe tomorrow or the next day my period will come! Lol. Usually, when my period is due to come I will have distinctive cramps. Lately I have been having very short cramps.But 5 minutes later ill have a bowel movement. Embarassed actually, ive been having a lot of bowel movements. Usually I might go once a day, now im going 2 or 3 times a day. Usually, when I suck my stomach in (to not look fat) im comfortable. Lately it starts to hurt and I have to relieve my belly and let it hang.(which is totally embarrassing!! Embarassed my breasts arent sore but my nipples are starting to hurt. Are these signs?
|

replied September 22nd, 2003
Experienced User
I dont think the bowel movements are signs but the nipples hurting and cramps are signs. However they could also be signs of your period coming. It would be odd for after all this time, that your levels not be enough to show on a home test but you never know. Have you taken any recently?
|

Pituitary Tumor
I started missing my period when I was about 20 years old I started getting it like once every six months then not even once a year...I thought nothing of it and never got checked out....Well needless to say I just had brain surgery a month ago to remove a tumor from my pituitary gland...It was the cause of my irregular periods weight gain, loss of vision, and a huge increase in hair growth in not so good places...So i'm not trying to tell you that you have a brian tumor like me but maybe mention it to yur doc!! Ya never know, and i'm sure you would like to catch it early...Good luck! Smile
|

Experienced User
Usually when I start my period, there are no signs except for distinctive lower abdomen cramiping. So far, I have had no sign of them. I have tried to take home pregnancy tests and was informed that I had not taken them at the correct times. I was told that I should take them in the morning, whem my hgc levels are the most potent. I took one after drinking a lot of water to make myself urine. I read up on it and that dilutes the hgc levels. Then maybe 3hours later I took another one. It also came up negative. What am I doing wrong? Like I said, my period is usually very dependable. I went to the doctor a year ago to get examined for any type of tumors or cysts. They came back negative. So that is of no concern. I told everyone that I was going to wait until the 5th of october to go to the doctor for a blood/urine test to determine if I am pregnant. It has been approximately 45 days since my last period. I dont want to start thinking I am happy and start picking out names,because the tests might come back negative. I asked my mom what her symptoms were when she was pregnant for me and she told me that she had no clue that she was pregnant uuntil about the middle of the second month. She said she had no symptoms at all. Should I wait or should I not waste time?!?!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Take another test to be sure. Then keep taking them in the morning until oct 5. (my birthday!!!!) and the next day, go to the doctor for a blood test. You are late, so you might be. But your period just might be fooling with you and it can come next week. Good luck. Keep taking those tests!
|

Experienced User
Thanks
Thanks for your advice. I dont think about it everyday so that the days go by faster. I tell myself that it will come..But after these many days...Im beginning to think that it wont. My boyfriend has come to the conclusion that I am pregnant. He knows how regular my period is. If my period was ever late..He would "knock" it out of me. Embarassed the latest it has been is 2 days. Never 3 weeks!!! So far there are no symptoms except for extreem fatigue. Should I be feeling the symptoms yet????? Question
|

Extremely eHealthy
Not many women have symptoms. I have heard that before "knock it out or you" what is that???? Im sure it doesnt work either way. Nothing can force your period to come. Periods will always be late once in a while. Not always on time. Cant count on that. Just take the test tomorrow morning. Let us know.
|

replied March 16th, 2009
Hey
Im kind of going through the same thing. Im 2 weeks late on my period, I get pains in my kidney area and the main difference is that Im lactating and I have took three tests all negative and I cant figure it out. Ive been told to take another one in two weeks, they say I might just be too early to tell. Im wanting to be, but things aren't adding up just like yours aint.
|

replied November 8th, 2009
Negative pregnancy test but still lactating!
My boyfriend and I have been trying to have a baby since October 09. During the mid weeks of oct, we had unprotected sex multiple times, and during these times we were also having intercourse while I was ovulating. Last week I was about to shower when I noticed how hard my nipples were and the dark color. While examining them I squuezed and began lactating!! First it was clear then it turned milky! So naturally I've begun to think that I'm pregnant, however,Today is November 7, and I took home pregnancy test and it came up negative. I'm still lactating after I eat which is veryexciting of course and I'm having weird cramps. Last night I expierenced pain like none other, it was after intercourse and it was a major cramp. I'm wondering if I'm pregnant?!?!?!
|

replied January 20th, 2011
I had unprotected sex a couple weeks ago. he told me he would be careful since he was not using a condom, but i am still worried that i could be pregnant. this is about the time that i should be getting my period or signs of it atleast. my boobs usually really hurt or i get cramps. but i have only been really tired all the time and my lower back was hurting. i have trouble staying asleep at night too. i dont know if any of this could be signs of pregnancy..what do you think??
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...