User Profile
Eating right is 100% related to health. Here at eHealth Forum we believe that food affects everything that you do. Your energy. Your mood. Your ability to perform.

Therefore, we invite you use this thread for all of your great diet recipes!

Short and quick recipes are best...maybe something that takes 15-20 minutes to prepare. But whatever you have to share, please pass your experiences alone. We're aiming to build up a store of delicious and easy-to-make food recipes. What's your favorite?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 28th, 2009
Providing source of healthy and nutritious recipes and meal plans that the whole family is sure to love sounds really great. We know that we are concerned about the conventional foods that are readily available today and all of the unhealthy and potentially toxic ingredients that they often contain. Too much of mainstream food contains unsavory components such as artificial preservatives and additives, food coloring, and even growth hormones. By eating a more "natural" diet you can boost your health and the health of your family.

Tomato Basil Bruchetta Recipe:

Ingredients:
3 FRESH tomatoes
20 Leaves of Basil
2 tsp (or 2-3 cloves) organic garlic
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 loaf french bread

Directions:
Dice up tomatoes, add in torn basil leaves, add other ingredients. Slice baguette at an angle into thin slices. You can grill or warm bread in the oven. Let sit out for about an hour and it gets a little dry. Enjoy!
|

replied April 23rd, 2010
Vegetarian Pizza
Recipe for a typical vegetarian pizza recipe with mushrooms, bell peppers, and olives.

Yield 1 large or 2 medium pizzas
Time 30 minutes (not including dough)
Tools •pizza pan or stone
•knife

Ingredients

?1 batch pizza dough
?1 c tomato sauce
?1 to 1½ c grated cheese (mozzarella, Monterey Jack, cheddar - vegan ok)
?½ of a medium onion, sliced
?1 c mushrooms, sliced
?½ of a green or red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
?½ cup black olives

Directions

Preheat oven to 400.
Roll out the pizza dough and place on pizza pan(s).

Spread tomato sauce on crust, then sprinkle with cheese and vegetables.

Bake for 15-20 minutes, until pizza crust is golden around the edges.

|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2010
Porridge - fruity
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
3 cups water
2 teaspoons honey
4 tablespoons chopped dried fruit, such as prunes, apricots or raisins

Method:
1. Put the oats and water in a medium-sized saucepan and bring the mixture to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat, cover and cook over a low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring every now and then.
3. Serve drizzled with the honey and sprinkled with the fruit.
|

User Profile
replied November 29th, 2010
good place to get some vegetarian meals are chow.com

you will have to look in certain sections tho, because there is both meat lovers, vegetarian and vegan meals on there
|

replied February 22nd, 2012
For breakfast every morning I soak whole brown rice, oat groats, amaranth or quinoa overnight and then cook in the morning. Basically just bring double the amount of water to a boil, dump in the grains, reduce the heat to a simmer and cover. This is the time to add spices and onions.
You can add ANYTHING to this and it will be delicious. This morning I added carrots, onion and parsley to it. Tougher veggies should go in right after the grains and greens should go into the pot 10 minutes before you're ready to eat. Spices can change each time, and you should just try and make a different region every morning!
|

User Profile
replied August 26th, 2013
Since going mostly vegan about a year ago, I've been having smoothies once a day. Some have been GREAT and some have been borderline repulsive.

For all those curious or seeking smoothie inspiration, I've recorded all of my recipes and reviews
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2013
continuation of previous post -
I've recorded all of my recipes and reviews so others could benefit from my experiment without having to live it. As it is against forum rules to post outbound links, please visit my profile for more information.

Happy smoothie making!
|

replied October 16th, 2016
Does anybody help me with a good recipe that contains an eggplant???
I ADORE it so much!
|

User Profile
replied September 19th, 2018
Experienced User
Soy milk. Soy soak overnight. Rinse. 300 grams of soybeans +1.5 liters of water is mixed in a blender. Strain. Here's the milk. I boil it for about 5 minutes and add vanillin and honey.
|
Quick Reply