Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Recipes to share (Page 1)

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
User Profile
Eating right is 100% related to health. Here at eHealth Forum we believe that food affects everything that you do. Your energy. Your mood. Your ability to perform.

Therefore, we invite you use this thread for all of your great diet recipes!

Short and quick recipes are best...maybe something that takes 15-20 minutes to prepare. But whatever you have to share, please pass your experiences alone. We're aiming to build up a store of delicious and easy-to-make food recipes. What's your favorite?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile admin
Users who thank admin for this post: HealthyLiving5 

replied August 8th, 2008
Liquid Diet After Broken Jaw
Since my son broke his jaw the only help I have found for recipes all want a small fee to get them. You have enough going on after this happens and a little free help is nice.We have taken regular food and made it so he can drink it through a straw. They are recipies in a since but not traditional recipe form. There really is not much out there to tell you how or what kind of foods that you can fix.
Roke
|

replied September 13th, 2011
heres a nice page with a list of fruit juice recipes.
the trick is to mix fruits that compliment each other.
http://www.thefruitpages.com/fruitjuicerec ipes.shtml
hope this helps
|

replied November 12th, 2013
I am into green smoothies and have been drinking it for some time. I LOVE the results. I've noticed that I lose some weight and I have so much energy that I'm up late and up early.
|

replied October 30th, 2008
Quick Flat Bread
This is a quick recipe that I make pretty often.

I find a flat bread can be made pretty thin cutting down on bread consumption. Plus it's cheaper and much healthier than store purchased bread... And this recipe does not use yeast.

Here goes..... Makes a nice sized batch of 6-8 breads.

Mix 2cups of organic wholemeal flour, 1tsp salt, 1tsp sugar, 1btsp baking powder and 1tbsp olive oil.... Mix that up with a fork.

Get a cup of warm water and add it slowly to the mixture, stiring with the fork, until you think you have enough for a soft dough.

Lighly flour a board and turn the dough out.... knead for 10 mins or so. You will get a nice soft, smooth dough.

Let the dough sit for 10mins.

Heat a large skillet / flat pain and spray a little oil onto it's base... it should be very hot.

Roll out some flatbreads. Put a bread into the pain and spray the top. They should only need 30-40 seconds per side and should bubble nicely.

... I sometimes add herbs and spices or curry powder for different flavours.
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2009
Here’s mine…......

GARLIC RANCH DRESSING
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup of onions, minced
¼ cup of sugar
¼ cup of red wine vinegar
½ cup of olive oil
2 cups of mayonnaise
Salt and pepper
2 tsp of dry mustard
1 tbsp of fresh oregano, minced
1 tbsp of fresh basil, chopped
Combine all ingredients in the blender until well mixed and then chill. Best served on green salads. Serves 4.

Cheers!
|
Users who thank StayHealthy2009 for this post: rojer23  HealthyLiving5 

replied May 14th, 2010
Oh this sounds delicious! I am going to have to make this. I am always looking for new recipes.
|

replied June 20th, 2010
Nutrit, your quick flat bread recipe sounds good, I think I'm gonna try it and I'll be back to tell you how it was! thanks
|

replied February 28th, 2011
I'm always looking for new recipes, trying to become a better cook. Please keep helping me out people Smile
|

User Profile
replied April 9th, 2011
I have a lot of recipes... I started cooking when I was 15. At 16 I was managing the kitchen of a greek restaurant.

My food has always been delicious, but the healthiness was always questionable.

In the last couple years my focus has really changed from the instant gratification of taste, to the long term gratification of health.

One of my favorite dishes to make is this.

Salmon slowly cooked with garlic and extra virgin olive oil.
1 avocado
For my carbs, I make a combination of quinoa and organic brown rice. I usually drizzle some olive oil with mashed up garlic on top.
1 diced tomato on the rice.

That's pretty much it.

I have more if anyone wants..

Right now, I'm learning my healthy meal plans from my little sister. She's a dietician, and has really helped me make a big change in my diet.

If you can afford it, I'd recommend talking to a local dietician. It's worth it in the long run.
|

User Profile
replied December 5th, 2011
Experienced User
Thanks for sharing this wonderful portal. Being healthy is more important than everything so it's just right to consume only the best food for our body.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2012
Thanks for the share, glad to see this thread. I'm also searching for healthy food recipe that we can serve in our daily dining's.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2012
Ingredients for the Tuscan-style tuna salad

1/4 teaspoon salt
1 15-ounce can of small white beans, such as cannellini beans or great northern (rinsed)
2 6-ounce cans chunk light tuna (drained)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 scallions (trimmed and sliced)
10 cherry tomatoes (quartered)
Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
How to prepare Tuscan-style tuna salad
1. The first thing you need to do is to prepare all the ingredients.

2. The second procedure is to combine beans, lemon juice, oil, scallions, tuna, tomatoes, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir gently.

3. After stirring, refrigerate until ready to serve or until you need to pack it into your kid’s lunch box.

Nutrition you can get from Tuscan-style tuna salad

This healthy lunch has: 253 calories, 8 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono), 53 mg cholesterol, 20 g carbohydrates, 0 g added sugars, 31 g protein, 6 g fiber, 453 mg sodium and 451 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Tuscan-style tuna salad has Fiber with 25% daily value and Vitamin C with 20% daily value.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
|

replied December 8th, 2016
Thanks for the yummy recipes!!
|

replied December 7th, 2012
This is a great collection of healthy and delicious recipes gathered by doctors from private clinics. I have just tried out last week the Raw Chocolate Smoothie. It's absolutely delicious. My taste buds very extremely excited Smile
|

replied January 29th, 2013
I love tomato soup and its also easy to make.
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or parsley
1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, with juice
1 14-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes, with juice
4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, “no-chicken” broth (see Note) or vegetable broth
1/2 cup half-and-half (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste that all are ingredients to make a tomato soup.
|

replied May 31st, 2013
Thanks guys for sharing all this healthy recipes in this post it has been very help post for me to have known all this recipes that can be very healthy for the body.
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2013
Thank you all for the new recipes!
|

replied August 29th, 2013
One of my favorite healthy fast foods is sardines - high in nucleic acids, omega-3's - and cheap and easy.

Sardines and kale over pasta

1. Cook hi-protein, whole grain pasta
2. In a skillet, put 2 T olive oil and 1-3 garlic cloves, chopped.
3. Heat for a few seconds then add 3 c. chopped kale.
4. When kale is wilted, pour pan contents over cooked pasta.
4. Open a can of sardines and put a few sardines on each plate with pasta and kale.
5. Add a few dashes of hot sauce, black pepper and grating of pecorinho cheese.

Delicious and quick.
|

replied September 2nd, 2013
Blending recipes
I've found plenty of blending recipes

Although blending has been very good to me I'm trying new healthy meals without blending, thank you for the recipes!
|