Has anyone had the problem of getting severe migrain headaches after sun exposure? That seems to be what my symptom is after being in the sun. I gave my husband a flying lesson for christmas. He decided to use it on the sat before father's day with our boys. So, I was outside for about 20 min, fully sun screened, taking pictures etc. Then I sat inside the airport until they returned. But then, living in az, just riding in a car is a hardship for lupus sufferers. The sun is so hot here, no matter where you are. Anyway, last night I started with a headache that got worse and worse over night. By around 2am I had a fever. And I was pretty much incapacitated for the day today. I also got the normal rash that I get from the sun as well. So, has anyone else had this problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 23rd, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Absolutely! I pretty much stay inside all summer. If I *have* to go out, I wear lots of sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, long sleeves and pant, etc. I have my a/c on full blast...In the car, in the house, etc. I have to be comfortable or I will get a tummy ache, as well.

The headaches were *awful* to get rid of. It would usually take something prescription strength. The doctor was helpful...But one day she saw me after coming in from the sun (i was quickly taken back). She saw what it did to me (headaches and rashes) and gave me stuff to actually get rid of the symptoms.

Hugs,
ladybrannon
|

replied June 23rd, 2004
Thanks
Thank you for replying. I do have medicine that is prescription strength but living in az it is hard to get away from the heat and sun. I do use sun screen etc when I go out but it really doesn't seem to help me. I guess I will stick to the medicine. I am starting to feel like a walking medicine cabinet lol.
|

replied June 29th, 2004
Experienced User
Sun Headache
I always wear a hat when I go out in the sun here in dallas and wear my sunscreen. The hats make a big difference. Just go to inexpensive stores so you can get several different ones that will match with different things.

If you have to be out or really want to be out, it really does help. Doesn't mean you won't have a little headache latter, but it really reduced it for me.

Mia
|

replied July 6th, 2011
Headaches
Headaches

I have had a bad headache now for about 6 days and I also have other pains but the headache is the worst. could someone tell me what to do to get rid of it please? I also am very tired and have been for about 3 weeks now. I dont know if it is linked to a lupus flare as I have SLE.
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....