Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Throat Hurths Some Times, Have White Spot On One Tonsil Help

Hello,

i would like to know if any of you have come accross this before, I have a white spot type thing on one of my tonsils, it's been there about a month + now, thought it would go away after a few weeks but its not. Also it feels weired some times when I swollow, like a slight pain, not the sort from a asour throat. Some times I do get a soure throut and those spots you get on your tounge when your ill, can any one help me please... I dont like going to the doctors much but if I have too I will

thanks in advance
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 29th, 2004
Experienced User
It's up in the air whether you should go to your doctor.. I say that because I have had the same thing and it comes and goes and has been doing it for the last year. I go to the doc.. He gives me antibiotics and it does nothing for it. Meaning it's either viral (which doctors can't do anything for) or it's fungal. I would keep an eye on it.. If you start to run a fever or have lots of trouble swallowing then I would go to the doctor.
|

replied June 29th, 2004
Experienced User
I had the same thing about a year ago and finally went to the doctor and (this may sound gross) she said it was probably a hard piece of food lodged in my tonsil. She took a tounge depressor and scraped it off and that was that. Weird huh?
|

replied July 1st, 2004
Hi all,

was just running a quick search and fell on this forum re 'white spot on tonsil'. I had this white spot that seemed to just show up on my tonsil and had it for three days and reluctantly planning to see my doctor. I read a few posts and somewhere I read to try gargle with a salt solution. I heard about food particals that get stuch in crypts in tonsils. I thought this is not my case, but I try it anyway. So I did just that and to my very pleasent surprise, (just half an hour ago), this white spot came off (foul smelling) and after all, it was food stuck in the tonsil crypt. I thought I let you know just in case this will help.

Regards,

mark
|

replied April 12th, 2005
I Need Help I Have a White Spot On My Tonsil.
Hey can anyone help me, I have a white spot inside my tonsil that has come and gone for the past 3 months. I know I have heard people say that it might be food just stuck in there but it keeps coming back when I remove it. It does not hurt or bother me really. I first had this about 2 months ago then it came back once I got rid of it but this past week it came back yet again. Its really worrying me because I don't have the money to go see a doctor. If I have to I will go. I havent ever had strep or anything like that so I dont know what it could be. Please someone help.

- christine
|

replied December 20th, 2009
tonsil stones / tonsillolith article on wikipedia
They are called tonsil stones or tonsilloliths. This is very helpful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsillolith
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....