I am a type 2. When my blood sugar gets high(140-150) I feel great, but when I bring it down to 100 or so, I feel like crap. I was just wondering if i'm weird or normal?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 26th, 2003
Active User, very eHealthy
Hmmm
I can only speak from my experience...But I never feel the "high" symptoms until I am 200 or higher.

As for feeling "low," I never feel that until it is below 70.

I would ask a doctor...He/she might have better insight, or know of something else...

Good luck!
Ladybrannon
|

replied December 8th, 2003
Everyone is differant. For me I sometimes get false reactions of being low betwen 120-150. I had mentioned this to my doctor and they more or less said it was normal. I would ask you'r doctor just to make sure. Best of luck, kelly
|

replied January 6th, 2004
High Sugar Levels
I am new also.. Less than a year mine is from pancriatitous. Type 1
my level was 600 when I borrowed a meter and had been off all carbs for a week. And I felt like crap...

With levels of 300 I felt okay.
Until I lowered my level. Now I feel good at 90 to 200.
The other issue is I cant tell high from low, I feel the same either way sometimes. Only time I know is if I get hot, sweaty and shaking then its lower than 50, but I dont trust myself and I always check.

Also I was scared to go to low. Under 70 so I keeped the levels high.
I talked to a guy thats on a pump for a long time and he helped me allot.
Until I talked to him I felt it was silly to to seek someone else like a support group but it does help. As you get used to being diabetic you get laxed and slip from good habits.

I guess what I saying in short is you will fell good at your average over time. Your body has to adapt. But your body will not adapt to the long term issues high levels will have on your organs.
|

replied January 18th, 2004
Hi, I understand what your talking about both my and my dad are diabetics and when its high I feel great and when it goes low like below 80 I get the shakes real bad and it seems like the rest or most of the day I feel all shaky inside even after I get it to come up some.. So I think that its normal I have heard alot of people say it before but if you get any more info let me know...
|

replied February 2nd, 2004
Also, if you you'r sugars are running high for awhile (lets say in the 200's for a couple of days) when it goes back down to normal, you can get these false feelings. Infact I am experiancing them at this time.
|

replied April 21st, 2004
Question hi i'm new here ,but your post caught my attention, because I had an attack of pancreatitis a few years ago and recently and gallbladder surgery. My surgeon said its possible that these two conditions contributed to my t2 diabetes. What about you. Btw when my levels are slightly elevated I feel find only feel bad when go from high to low!!
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Its normal. Just continue the same treatment.
Regular aerobic excercise atleast half an hour a day five times a week is also helpful.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Tags: Diabetes
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.