5000 in a 24 hr. Period.

I am currently taking fluid pills to help with the fluid accumilating in my legs and ankles. It is helping. I am going to have a biopsy of my kidney soon, and was wondering if anyones has been through this. I have had all kinds of tests, and all were good except the protein in my urine. It is very high. My kidney function is great though.

My question is, would there happen to be anyone else out there having this problem, or anyone have any advice?

Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 20th, 2004
Lsufan
Hi, my husband had a kidney biopsy on friday. He came home yesterday. Make sure that you follow the medical instructions ie. No manual work for 2 weeks and no contact sports. He was uncomfortable but not in any great pain. Was aware of the whole procedure which took about 30 minutes. His back has a dull ache rather than pain. Good luck Laughing
|

replied June 21st, 2004
Protein In Urine
Hey
im 14 years old and live in uk. In march 2004 I was rushed into hospital with severe swelling to the face and legs. I was taken 2 my local hospital (hartlepool) but spent one night there and was rushed to newcastle r.V.I for a renal biopsy. I spent 5 days in rvi b4 my biopsy in this time I lost 3 stone before I left hospital I had lost nearly 6 stone. My admission weigth was 16 sumthing stone when I left I was 11 stne 5 pounds. There was protein high levels in my urine.The biopsy results came back and showed I had a serious and rare kidney disease called fsgs focal segmental glomeural sclerosis. I am currently on steroids and blood pressure tablet antibiotics and a 6 mnth corse of a drug called cyclophosphamide. There is no positive outcome with fsgs as the disease may be treated with 2 crs of drugs but the disease may spark off anytime in life. I hope this is helpful 2 u
laura robson
xx Smile
|

replied April 29th, 2013
my cousin has renal biopsy two days earlier... result of the biopsy is awaited. We are worry about his swallowing face... Will consult with you.....and if you or any one can join me at facebook at to help in this regards, thanks.
|

replied September 23rd, 2004
Protein In Urine
When I was pregnant I lost a lot of protein in my urine when my body was protein deficient.

i don't know if it works the same way for your kidney problems. Talk to your doctor. Since it's been three months I hopeyou have your answer by now. I would be interested to hear what you may have found out.

Having polycystic kidneys I have to be careful what types of protein I choose to eat. I'm down to plant proteins and fowl.

Looking forward to more responses on this forum.

Kelli_
|

replied February 26th, 2008
Protien in urine
What does it mean to have a high protien and blood in urine
|

replied February 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi

Are you being seen by urologist or nehprologist?

Having high protein can be related to people who are on a high protein diet but most times it is related to the kidneys as for the blood in your urine it could be anything from an infection to a stone to something going on with your kidneys (disease).
You should have this evaluated further.

Feel free to pm me if you'd like. (I have a kidney disease and other kidney/urological issues).
Take Care
|

replied February 27th, 2008
Protein in urine
Hi
Yes i have protein in urine for a long time now and have had the Biopsy on kidney, 6 weeks ago in fact.
On going problem with kidneys since last May when i was rushed to hospital with Pneumonia, this had an affect on all my organs. Enlarged liver and kidneys etc. i'm taking all the furosemide tablets for swelling legs and ankles and the ramipril to protect the kidney and lipitor inhibitors (for cholestrol) because apparntly my Disease called Membranous Nephropathy will cause this. It is a thickening of the Kidney filters if you like and therefore doesnt function correctly.
Although my kidney function is good we dont know what the outcome will be.

Going to have to be patient over the next 5yrs to see if i will need any dialysis or whatever, or it might go away! Rolling Eyes
|

replied February 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I know how confusing and frustrating the waiting can be.
You have come to the right place.

Hang in there..Smile
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2008
protine in my urine
im a diabetic. What causes my urine discharge to have protein? Confused
|

replied June 9th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi and Welcome to ehealth

Are you being treated by a nephrologist or urologist?
Here's a link that will help explain protein in urine
http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pub s/proteinuria/index.htm
|

replied June 13th, 2008
I too was diagnosed with high protein in my urine in January and am working through the workup progress. My protein which I understand should be less than 30 is 888.9. The nephrologist said he thinks this has taken three to four years to get this high.
I have a kidney ultrasound on Monday and if that doesn't show the cause it will be a kidney biopsy.
I'm type 2 diabetic. I understand my urine should have been tested annually since I'm diabetic. I have been very dissatisfied with my primary care (she would spend no more than 90 second per visit -- yes, I timed her the last several visits) and she did no testing. I finally got the courage to change doctors in January and looks like I'm paying the price for waiting to change.
I will be checking this thread often as I want to learn as much about protein in the urine as I can. The nephrologist is stating the kidney damage is irreversible, but we'll work on slowing down the progression.
I've just started swelling significantly the past several days and not sure what that means for the prognosis.
I'm interested in your experiences too.
Thanks for the information.
|

replied June 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
GoldenKatie

sorry to hear your primary doctor didn't treat you well...unfortunately that happens often.
You can purchase urine dipsticks to check your own urine.
They range with different tests on the stick.
Ask your nephrologist about these sticks.

Best Wishes..Smile
|

replied June 17th, 2008
Yes. I got some of the dip sticks. It continues to show from 300 to 2000 -- usually more in the 300 range.
I don't think the ultrasound showed anything abnormal and I have another appt. w/ the nephrologist on the 3rd. In the meantime I have extensive blood work coming up.
Thanks for the info.
|

replied August 28th, 2008
I just wanted to share an experience I am going through. Recently, I was diagnosed with Cronic Kidney Disease stage 3. My Nephrologist told me I had alot of protien in my urine so he put me on Tekturn. He calls them a kidney friendly blood pressure pill. Before he put me on the pills, the protien in my urine was around the 300 range. I went to see him today for another check up and it dropped to 30! I have only been on the pills for around a month. I dont know if this infomation can be of use to anyone but I just wanted to share my knowledge.
|

replied September 5th, 2008
Hiya,
I had swelling in my legs from about the time when i was 14. By the time i was 18 i was feeling terrible (and my GP wasn't very helpful) so i got a private health check and found out i had high levels of creatinine and protein in my urine (and high blood pressure). I had a biopsy and found i had Mesangiocapillary glomerulonephritis (dense deposit disease). I have now been taking a course of drugs for 5 years (steroids,immunosuppressants,blood pressure tablets, EPO) which kept changing until i found ones that suited and worked for me, and everything seems to be okish for now (they thought the drugs would only work for a year!)
Sorry that that was a lot of blurb, i just wanted to share that.
LSUfan - you've done the best thing that you can in just getting checked out.
GoldenKatie - my disease is irreversible too, but the drugs have helped slow down the progression. Plus there's always dialysis and transplant so there's lots of treatment options.
fsgs - you sound very down about your condition, i know it's hard but try and be positive, there's still treatment for your disease so you never know what might happen. If you need someone to chat to, send me a message.
I don't know if any of that has helped but i hope so.
peace

Ria xx
|

replied December 10th, 2008
just to let u know
Hello i'm new to this so be patient just happen to run across ur story listen i just found out that i have to see a nephrologist on the 19th because i have to much protien in my urine. So u and i are both lost. wow!!!!!! good luck
|

replied December 10th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Re: just to let u know
lufeshia38 wrote:
Hello i'm new to this so be patient just happen to run across ur story listen i just found out that i have to see a nephrologist on the 19th because i have to much protien in my urine. So u and i are both lost. wow!!!!!! good luck

Welcome to ehealth

If you need to talk we are here. I have kidney problems as well,stage 3 kidney failure.

Good luck at the doctor appointment. doctor
Keep us posted.
|

replied December 23rd, 2008
Protien in the urine
My primary care found high level of protien in my urine in Feb 08 and since then I have been in and out of Drs offices including my primary care, rheumotologist & Nephrologist to find out what is causing high amount of protien in my urine. I was first diagnosed with Sjogren's Syndrome by my Rheumotologist, then had Kidney Ultrasound, 24 hr sample, tons of blood work, Scan and finally Biopsy. My Neph concluded that I have Mesangioproliferative Glomerulonephritis "Immune -Complex Mediated". Don't have a clue what that is?????
|

replied February 10th, 2009
Protien in the urine - stillwondering
I don't want to go off topic, just want to share a research to stillwondering's post.

According to medical-dictionary In acute glomerulonephritis, symptoms usually subside in two weeks to several months, with 90% of children recovering without complications and adults recovering more slowly. Chronic glomerulonephritis is a disease that tends to progress slowly, so that there are no symptoms until the kidneys can no longer function. The resultant renal failure may require a dialysis program or kidney transplant. Hope this helps and I suggest you do more research about it Smile
|

replied March 28th, 2009
PROTIEN IN URINE
they told me i had some prot in my urine 2 yrs ago two dfrnt places just lil clinic next door doing fr drug test but he told me he see some blood in my urine it cuold be cancer or some than i said if u said so dr have a nice day the next time was after 1 yr i was doing fr another drug test but this time dfrnt place she asked me did i eat high prot food i said why she told me cause she fuond some protien in my urine cuold be the food am eating every day i told her i have no any med problem at all i rat well slep well run well i mean am ok she told me mybe the food am eating again s that make any sense to u guyz
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...