Once in awhile, I get these little tiny red spots (not raised) all on my right arm... For awhile, I just thought it was because of the way I slept on it.
But today, my cousin looked at it and she said that its b/c I dont have enough iron in me.
Is this true?
I looked up common symptoms of iron deficiency, and I have none of those symptoms.. But could is still be a result of not having enough iron?

If not, does anyone have any idea what it could be?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied July 12th, 2004
Red Spots
The red spots could be a sign your platelets are low or it could be a condition called cherry angiomas. Since I don't know what your spots look like it is hard to say. If u go to google and type in cherry angiomas one of the web sites will show a picture and if it looks like your spots then most likely that is what it is. If not just might be your platelets. My son when his platelets r low he get tiny spots but normally for him they r all over not just in one location. Hope this helps.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 25th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Iron deficiency doesnot present in this way.
It could be due to low platelets ,vitamin C deficiency, fungal infection or idiopathic.
Consult internist to evaluate you.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Have you just been diagnosed with anemia? Learn how doctors define anemia...plus more information on what causes anemia and who is at risk of developing anemia....
Anemia is caused by a range of diseases and conditions. Learn which factors contribute to anemia and how you can avoid some of the risk factors of anemia here....
Anemia can make you feel tired. But what other some other signs of anemia? Click here for more on anemia complications and when you should seek medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Blood Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.