Hi there, just wondering, if I went to the doctor about having a mole removed, would he do it there and then? Or would it be a hospital job? Also, would I be able to get it removed for free or would it cost me? I live in the uk.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 4th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I do not know how your healthcare coverage is in the uk so I cannot answer the cost issue.
Depending on the size of the mole and how it needs to be removed determines whether he/she will remove it right then and there or not.
I know that here in the u.S, insurance will only cover the cost if there is a medical reason for it to be removed. Like, if they think it is cancerous or poses a risk to your health or if it causes pain etc.
|

replied June 8th, 2004
Re: Mole Question
m4rk wrote:
hi there, just wondering, if I went to the doctor about having a mole removed, would he do it there and then? Or would it be a hospital job? Also, would I be able to get it removed for free or would it cost me? I live in the uk.

yes, it depends if the mole pertrudes from the area, or is it almost as flat as the surface of the area. If it sticks out, than the doctor may have it removed at the clinic. He would probably apply a numbing solution and cut it off with a cutting instrument, but if the mole is deeper in the skin, you may probably be sent to a surgeon and probably be given a few treatments where he'll slowly remove the pigment with a laser. The second option is quite costly. Doesn't matter where you live, unless you have some kind of health care insurance, you will be charged. I don't think it will cover this though since it is not a medical reason.
|
Tags: skin
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....