User Profile
Prayer and Support

We believe that positive thinking and care and prayer can truly help people in need. If you would like to request support, please submit your request for kind thoughts, best wishes, and prayer here. Your request can be for yourself or someone you know. Write as many details as you like in your post ... but your post should be general enough that we get the picture. Be sure that private information remains private (including full names and locations) and that you maintain anonymity on this public forum.

Perhaps your friend is going for a surgery?
Or maybe you are worried about your own health?
Whatever it is... let us know. We will put in our best intentions for you.

If you`re interested in helping people who have made a prayer request, you can offer your personal support here and/or via private message. In other words, you can post your kind words and best wishes on this thread, and contact members individually.

REMEMBER: Together we make strong medicine.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper midwest
Users who thank admin for this post: NY1Chef 

replied February 4th, 2009
Experienced User
God Bless everyone
God Bless everyone who has MS and those who dont. God Bless us all.
|
Users who thank midwest for this post: leetee 

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied September 23rd, 2009
http://bike-ms.org

On October 3rd and 4th, I will be biking 150 miles to support the National Multiple Sclerosis society. The MS 150 City to Shore is a annual event starting at Woodcrest train station in Cherry Hill, NJ and ending in Ocean City, NJ. The return ride is the next day. To donate, visit my facebook page or click the link below.

This will be my second year participating. Last year we were respectable at an avg. of 15 mph. This year we hope to hold 17 to 18 mph.

With the current economy, donations and grants for MS research is down, and money raised here helps to augment these lost MS treatment research dollars. The last 18 months has shown promising breakthroughs in MS treatment. Links to a few such resources are below.

http://www.reuters.com/article/scienceNews /idUSTRE50S7KZ20090130
http://www.nationalmssociety.org/research/ intriguing-leads-on-the-horizon/index.aspx

This money also supports community programs to help those living with MS. I can personally attest that these resources are useful to families with someone with MS. The national MS Society provides adaptive tools and equipment as well as programs to keep those living with MS and their families informed of new drugs, clinical trials, and offering support groups.

There are 11,000 families in the Delaware valley living with MS, my family being among them. There are over 400,000 people nationally living with this devastating and unpredictable disease.
|

replied January 6th, 2010
Ten years ago, I couldn't walk because I suffered a severe MS attack that left me half paralyzed. I spent six months in recovery and therapy just to regain the ability to do everyday things like write with a pen or use a spoon to eat, I spent another year working hard to regain my mobility by practicing yoga and acupuncture.

While I was recovering, I vowed to change my life. I adopted a healthy lifestyle and diet along with a strong will to overcome this disease. I decided that when I regained my ability to walk again, I was going to spend every day living my life to the fullest.

mxspdracer

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's own courage." Anais Nin
|

replied June 14th, 2010
SUPPORT
My name is Cheryl and my father in law has been married to my mother in law for 37 years. she has been suffering from MS for many years now and he has stood by her side through the VERY hard times and they still love eachother very much. they also have 4 children together. He is in the running to get a father of the year award for 2010. Please go to the following link to vote for him...thank you for all of your support!
|

replied March 12th, 2012
Hello,

I would like to offer prayers for everyone here who needs them, I will include it in my prayer book.

I am a 34 year old female who, within the last year, started experiencing some awful symptoms. I never feel normal anymore, I can't lose weight. I suffer debilitating headaches, vision disturbances, pins and needles in random and some specific areas like my left shoulder blade, my right thigh and bottom, and often my hands. And I have a small depth perception issue, among other things.

Today is an especially bad day, the vertigo and nausea has me today and wont let go. The past three days have not been joyful or comfortable.

5 months ago I recieved an MRI that said there was an area of question, if real it would most likely be MS. Who words an MRI report like that? If Real. : /

Anyhow, I am awaiting a neuro appt, my PCP set me up for June but with the help of the National MS Society I found Dr who would take me in April. It's rough because I don't know that I have MS, all that I know for sure is that there is a possibility and that I DO NOT feel normal, and I hate to constantly complain to family and/or friends so I just smile and go on with life without saying much of anything. I am just very thankful that right now I am a stay at home mom and can afford to sit down and take it a little easier when I need to.

I just ask for a few prayers of courage, strength, and support. Also any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Michelle
|

replied June 9th, 2012
Hi, Michelle.
This is Gary, from Texas.
I'm new to the forum and see that your post is a couple of months old so you may never get this.
I was diagnosed with Primary Progressive MS in 2008.
You probably have the results of all further testing by now and if you do have ms, please know that you have prayer support.
I encourage you and everyone else with ms to research Terry Wahls' website. She is a physician who has been successfully treating her own ms, mainly through diet. I'm new to trying her methods and hope to post results as time goes by.
May God bless and keep hearts turned toward Him.
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2013
Prayer request
Need prayers please! I feel so alone with this stupid disease!
Married but my hubby seems to think denial is the way to cope, not helping me or seeing the truth of what is going on. He sits and plays games (at 50 years old) while I try to clean and cook... Meager attempts at each! I can no longer work and awaiting help from social security that may never come. Bills piling up! I really sometimes just want to stop all this madness and give up. Why live for more pain? Each day is just more collection calls and horrible physical and emotional pain. I have no clue how to go on like this!
I must include that I am very grateful for what I do have so I've not gone over the cliff yet, I just feel so very despite. Hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Please pray that my husband finds some empathy and begins to help. And that by some miracle my social security comes through soon.

Very thankful for your prayers
|

User Profile
replied November 3rd, 2013
Great thoughts and inspiration to all! Thank you Jim
|
Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....