My dermatologist prescribed hydrocortisone for an itchy ear. After showering, I rubbed a bit of it in my ear. A short time later I put a cotton ball in that ear as I got ready to mow the lawn. I must have pushed the salve down my ear canal too far because I immediately became nauseated and thought I was going to pass out. The next really stupid thing I did after trying to remove the cotton ball was to take a q tip and try to remove the salve. This only made it worse. Now I have a sensation of fullness and am constantly trying to get my ears to pop. It sounds like there's some water somewhere inside when I do this. It's been 24 hours and it's not as bad as yesterday but still pretty uncomfortable. Will this resolve or do I need to see an ent? I would greaatly appreciate any advice! Thank you!
Laura13
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 4th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I honestly do not know if it will come out on its own or not. But sleep on that side. That way it should drain out, but if it doesn't get better soon then I would go to the doctor. You don't want to risk any permanent or serious damage.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....