Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

getting pregnant during period

Im sorry but I didnt know you can get pregnant if you have sex during your period. When are you most fertile when your on your period or off?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 17th, 2003
Experienced User
You are more fertile when you are off your period I think 14-16 days after is when your most fertile (please correct me if im wrong). However there is always a chance of getting pregnant at any time, whether your on your period or not so always use protection!
|

No see im trying to get pregnant.. So thats why I wanted to know thank you , your answear really helped :p
|

Experienced User
Oops sorry about that! Why not buy one of those ovulating kits that help you determine whether your ovulating. Sorry about the confusion! Good luck on getting pregnant.!
|

replied September 18th, 2003
Extremely eHealthy
Usually if you have a regular cycle, you ovulate 14-15 days before your next cycle starts. And you should have sax at least two days before that, because the semen stays for that time and when you ovulate it catches quicker. Good luck.
|

replied September 18th, 2003
Most women ovulate 14 days prior to their period. Once you ovulate you have about 24 hours to get pregnant. Also sperm can live up to 5 days inside of you (especially if they are healthy good swimmers). You need to know how many days your cycle is (e.G. 30-day cycle). If you know this you can forcast when your next period will start. Now, count back 14 days from the forecasted start day of your next period and you will be real close to your ovulation date. Start using an ovulation predictor kit around the day you expect to ovulate. When the kit says your ovulating go to it! This worked for me rather quickly. Good luck. If your cycle is irregular than it will be harder to predict the dates.
|
Tags: pregnant, period, sex
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....