Medical Questions > Relationships > GLBT Relationships Forum

Should I Tell the People That I Love Most??

Hey yall i'm bisexual and I have been for awhile a lot of people know except for my family(except for 1 of my sisters she is bi too) and 3 of my best friends...I don't feel ashamed at all because this is me this is how I am, I want to tell my 3 best friends but I don't know how, i'm sure that they would love me the same it's just I don't want them to feel weird around me. I'm not going to tell the rest of my family because they are really really closed minded and they would'nt understand. How should I tell my 3 best friends? I know that if they don't accept me than they was'nt really my friend in the first place but I just don't want to loose them.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 4th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Well, haven't you said elsewhere that not only do you have a boyfriend, but might be pregnant? Are you seeing two (or more) people of different sexes now?

Why do you feel you want to announce being bisexual, anyway? It seems strange that "a lot of people know" except your three best friends. Maybe they already know and they don't care? It sounds like you are looking to shock them just to get a reaction. It doesn't seem like it should be any of their business, or if it is something you want to talk about with them, then just bring it up normally, like it's no big deal. If you start going out with a girl, just say, yeah, you're bisexual, and right now the person you fancy most is female.
|

replied June 12th, 2004
I think you should tell them, just sit them down one by one and explain thats you can't change yourself and that they should accept you for who you are. If they are true friends they will accept you. As for family, they should understand too. Its hard for me to judge though, I too am bi and most of my family are very religious except for my mum and sisters. I didn't really see the point in telling all of my family (grandparents etc) because I havn't actually dated a woman before.
Good luck anyway.
|

replied September 6th, 2004
Just tell them .. I told mine and only 1 of them wasent cool with it. The rest are like kayla do I look hot like that .. They think its cool ... And they love my girl friend. Chances are one of them is bi there self.

Kayla Wink
|

replied January 16th, 2005
Experienced User
Well...If your friends/family now about your other sibling that is bi think of how they reacted to that and base your decision on that. But you should tell them becuase they really wouldnt be your friends if they didne accept it.
|
Quick Reply