Hey everyone, I have a question I hope I can get answered. About 2 months ago, a friend pointed out that I had a fairly large vein on my right temple and I went home to take a look. Sure enough, there it was. I've been monitoring it closely and have been talking to a couple people about it. They feel it's normal but I'm a bit concerned. In normal conditions (i.e not too hot) the vein is barely visable but when it gets hot or if i run or something along those lines, it potrudes and pulsates. Today I was driving in a hot car and the vein became visible again. I stopped near a well shaded, cool area expecting it to receed. Instead, it proceeded to stay there and pulsate for nearly an hour even though the rest of my body felt comfortable and rested. I was wondering what might cause this. Is it stress, diet, what? Part of me wants to say it's normal due to the heat, but I've never seen it before so I'm a bit worried. Thanks all.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 23rd, 2003
I think you should definately get that checked out. If you say it is not normal for you, then it can be pretty scary but it could be a number of things and you dont want to chance it. I wouldnt say that you should get scared and ruch to the hospital. Just next time you can get in to see your doctor ask him/her what it is and tell your doctor that it bothers you. He might be able to at least ease your fears. Good luck!
|

replied January 19th, 2009
pulsating vein in hand
The vein, although it lasted no more than a few minutes, was pulsing just below my thumb at the base. Does this mean anything?
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar