My husband suffers from severe migrain headaches. The only lucky thing is that he only gets these sever migrains maybe 3 times a year. They are so intence for him that I have to get on the phone and start calling everyone I know that might have a good pain killer. Migraines run in his family his mother suffers to but more frequent than he. She takes shots for her migrains. But we have no medical insurance to get him help.
He is a painter and he had gotten one of those sever migrains at work luckly for him they were painting a nursing home and a wonderful nurse that specializes in migrains took him to her office and did a thing on him called "bowen therapy" it took his migrain right away we couldnt believe it we were shocked. The pain is soooo sever for him and to think this thing a women did with her fingers and hands on his head took it right away. I have looked bowen therapy up on the internet only to find information on coarses to take for it.

Please does any one out there no about this?

Can anyone tell me what to do so we can do this when he gets another one.

He was in so much pain that he wasnt even paying attention to what she was doing so we dont know what to do.

Or does anyone no of any other thing I can do that is like the bowen therepy?

Thank you very much
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 31st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Bowen Terapy
Sorry,never heard of it.It sounds wonderful.You might want to look into taking courses-it would be benificial to your husband and you might be able to help others as well(maybe very lucrative--i would pay big$$$$ when i'm in the middle of severe migraine-others would too!!)there are many financial aid programs out there before you say you can't afford it-you might just be surprised!!
Good luck!!
|

replied May 31st, 2004
Experienced User
Migraines
Call a chiropractic office and see if they know what it is. Go to a massage therapist and ask. Hospitals must have some info that you can get with no charge. And even though you don't have insurance, the hospital has to help you. Good luck and I hope this helps. Wink
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Go to lycos health and type in bowen therapy, this seems to have a lot of information, I hope this has helped!
Sincerely,
sandy
|

replied June 1st, 2004
Thank you all of you are great.......Thanks
|

replied July 1st, 2004
Experienced User
Re: Please Help My Husband
Homeopathic medicine has good remedies to alleviate the migraine headache and after taking the symptomatology of the patient, the proper remedy can prevent further episodes of the same.Common remedies are sang can, spigelia, iris, vers, kali carb etc.
Dr.Venugopal gouri.
|

replied July 1st, 2004
Experienced User
Homeopathic medicine has good remedies to alleviate the migraine headache and after taking the symptomatology of the patient, the proper remedy can prevent further episodes of the same.Common remedies are sang can, spigelia, iris, vers, kali carb etc.
Dr.Venugopal gouri.
|

replied July 1st, 2004
Experienced User
Dr.Venugopal gouri.
|

replied April 27th, 2005
Sorry Never Heard of It
But hes lucky 3x a year is better than daily which is what some people have you are a good wife for taking such good care of youre husband I had trouble with insurance myself. If you go to a doctor and have them pescribe a pain killer a strong one it would probably be helpful because its so few it shouldnt be bad and it wont cause a habit good luck to you
|

replied December 1st, 2012
Hello

I am a Bowen Therapist if you are still looking. I am in Sydney Australia.

Let me know where you are at and i can find u a therapist in ur area.
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....