Hi I am new here. I am always tired and no matter how early or late or even how much or little of sleep I get I still wake up it seems like a hundred times a night I even seen to have strange dreams to where I am half a wake but yet still asleep. Due to all this I am always tired I have tried changing my diet and stopped drinking caffeine and nothing seems to help I am 33years old and this is really affecting me I have trouble remembering simple stupid things and help would be great

thanks bobby
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 22nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Sorry no-one has replied sooner. I supose you have tried different beds/mattresses, pillows (especially pillows) & different bed positions, also windows open/closed, different nightwear (more comfortable), meditation/relaxation before sleeping??

Are there any other issues affecting you which might affect your sleeping??
|

replied June 30th, 2004
Have you had any blood work done? Being tired could be side effects of anemea. I know the loss of quality of sleep is the obvious for being tired most of the time. I have rls. This interrupts sleep as well. My memory and concentration are affected along w/fatigue. I am taking slow fe iron at doctors orders. This will take up to 6 months to treat. I hope it works.

Hope this helps
no fake
|

replied June 4th, 2005
Sleeping Problem
I am also 33 and have the exact same problem....Have had it for several years now. I am tired all day long.....I yawn all day and feel like taking a nap.

In addition, I have a very hard time making myself get out of bed in the morning...So much, in fact, it's affected my job, parenting, etc....

I have tried to talk to my doc about it, but he just keeps saying, "are you depressed?" I am not. I am happy and long to be energetic....It just doesn't happen.

I wake over and over and over. Around 5 am is when I really start sleeping well.....Just in time to get up.....

I would love to hear of some cures for this as well.
|

replied June 11th, 2005
Now I Can Sleep
I started having sleeping problems last july when I left the company I had been with for 15 years. My doc tried ambien and then sonata with limited short term success. However, these drugs are additive and for short term use only. My problem became chronic and that's when I discovered an alternate solution. I remembered that when I was younger and I smoked a little pot that all I wanted to do was lay down and sleep. So I tried pot for the first time in 20 years and it worked. About 3 months ago I tried "a hit" of pot after I got home from work around 6 pm, by 9 pm I was in bed sleeping, really sleeping. Now all I do is take one hit after the kids are in bed and I have a wonderful night of sleep. Let me make it clear that I am not promoting the use of illegal drugs but this is what worked for me. Pot may not work for you but it has worked so well I had to share this with others.
|

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
I would suggest you to have sleep studies to sort it out. Observe sleep hygiene. You can take lorazepam for 1 week.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sleep Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.