Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

Kinda Scared~advice Pls! Childbirth Class!

Hey everyone! How is everyone? I hope all is well!!

Anyhow.. Ok . My childbirth classes start tuesday june 1st! Its sooo close! Only a week. Im getting nervous for 2 reasons and need any advice possible**

1) might sound like a weird reason to be nervous, but im nervous that I wont be able to take class serious enough. I think I will feel weird and funny and it wont seem real.. Possiblly becasue my mom is going with me? Is that weird??? I mean doin all the breathing, pushing, whatever else we will do. I just wonder if it will seem real enough to me?

And 2) im worried because I know I will feel bad.. Im sure a large majority will be their with the fathers and spouses.. And here I am, the teen walking in with her mom.....Thats what im most worried about. Its upsetting me actually. Any advice? Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 25th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Re: Kinda Scared~advice Pls! Childbirth Class!
karim18 wrote:
hey everyone! How is everyone? I hope all is well!!

Anyhow.. Ok . My childbirth classes start tuesday june 1st! Its sooo close! Only a week. Im getting nervous for 2 reasons and need any advice possible**

1) might sound like a weird reason to be nervous, but im nervous that I wont be able to take class serious enough. I think I will feel weird and funny and it wont seem real.. Possiblly becasue my mom is going with me? Is that weird??? I mean doin all the breathing, pushing, whatever else we will do. I just wonder if it will seem real enough to me?

And 2) im worried because I know I will feel bad.. Im sure a large majority will be their with the fathers and spouses.. And here I am, the teen walking in with her mom.....Thats what im most worried about. Its upsetting me actually. Any advice? Thank you!

honestly kari I say laugh all you want! It shouldn't be a stone silent experience where people have to sit down and listen to everything the teacher says! Besides .N.O. Class will prepare you for what labour and delivery is really like. And no of course its not weird your mother is going with you! How about women who are single or who's husbands/boyfriends are overseas? I'm sure they wouldn't want to go alone. Don't let what others might think of you being a pregnant teen ruin your experience there. Hold your head high and don't let anyone make you feel like less then you are. Them being a few years older means nothing!
I hope you have lots of fun and take as much as you can get out of the experience! I'm sure you'll meet some nice people
love
tanya
|

replied May 25th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I say laugh too! I dont care if im with jose, or my mom or my sister but im gonna be laughing at the pushing and stuff too! I mean when my sister was going to take her classes she signed up and my mom and I were going to take turns going with her. But we never went because she had the baby early lol.
|

replied May 25th, 2004
Classes
I'm going to want to take those classes, how much are they???
|

replied May 25th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Mine was $50
|

replied May 25th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Wow u gotta pay for childbirth classes there?? Up here its free but im not gonna g to it... I think im just gonna wing it haha! But I hope u go and just try to relax and have fun with it Smile

shauna
|

replied May 25th, 2004
Kari huni laugh all u want just like tanya said it shouldnt have to be soo serious have fun and who cares what ppl think?? If I cared I wouldnt be w/ raven and I would have given my baby up for adoption but u kno what seriously u are going to be probably a better mom than half of those woman in there w/ their guys.....Shauna I winged it too just make sure u take deep breaths thru ur contractions so u dont hyperventalate!!!! Lol!! Love u girls! Hang in there!! Oh ya kari this is about ur post about seeing the counselor u dont have to tell ur mom if ur already on her insurence then u dont have to tell her...And sweetie if shes really that hard on u about it....No wander u havent gotten over it completely......She needs to be supportive even w/ ur eating disorder she just doesnt want u to hurt urself or ur baby and I can understand that im sure u can too but she seriolsy needs to be more supportive and help u instead of yell at u! Hang in there hun if u need anything anytrhing at all im here for ya!!

Jen river and raven
|

replied May 25th, 2004
Don't stress it I would rather have my mother there with me rather than my hubby. My mother is my rock, me and her are really close, and we do everything together. Who gives a crap whatanybody elses thinks.
A lot of you girls might not see it now because your still young and because some of you have had problems with your mom. But some of you will get close to your moms if not now then maybe later on as you become parents. But then again you might have a mom that is unbearable and you might never be close, take chrissy for example.

Brenda
|

replied May 25th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Thank girls! Lol ok im normal then. I just kept thinkin how I knew I would prolly start crackin up, and that everyone else there would be so serious. And I will try not to feel bad about bein the teen with her mom (im 18, so im not that young of a teen but still) istead of bein there with my spouse or the father. My mom thinks I might be surprised and that there might be another person there in my situation. I seen one of the classes there before, and I think almost everyone was with their guy tho.. But ya never kknow* tuesday is so close! I wonder what all we will do!
|

replied May 25th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I was going to do it with my mom, but obviously ive waited too long to start! Lol
|

replied May 26th, 2004
Experienced User
I went to those classes with zander, I laughed too! When I was there I thought it was the most retarded class ever invented, but it actually helped with labor. So as long as your paying attention, I say laugh and have a good time- its not all about being serious- thats what labor is for! Lol

karlee
|

replied May 26th, 2004
Its Okay to Laugh...
I went to classes with my mom....Once! My mom doesnt like to take things to serioulsy. When the instructor told the pregnant women to imagine pushing, some farted...Which brought my mother to start laughing hysterically! She couldnt stop!! The worst part it that once she starts laughing too hard, then she starts farting. Needless to say, the classes are really helpful. And after that, my boyfriend went with me...Lol. When are you due?
|

replied May 26th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Jhahahaha thats the funniest thing!! Ur mom started farting?!!? Lol! I am 32 weeks on thursday .Ur 38? Do u have any belly pics??? U could go any day now! How exciting!
|

replied May 26th, 2004
Lol...Yea...Funny story right? I have pics but since im new I dont know how to insert them into the posts...Can u help?
|

replied May 26th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Yep its actually pretty easy but took me a bit to be able to do it. K u make an account at shutterfly.Com .. Then u add ur pics in there...Then, once their added, you click on the pic in there, then highlight it and right-hand click and scroll down to where it says 'properties' click that.. Then this box will come up and in the box there will be a part that says 'url' u copy that whole line where it says url (dont copy the word 'url', just the line/lines) then u come in here and u type this...

[img]the line copied from url[/img]... imgur[/img]

that should work. May sound weird or confusing but it should work once u get the hang of it. If it doesnt for some reason then try it the opposite way with the [/img] first then the url then the [img] im not positive which way it is but it should work with the first one* hopefully it does! I wanna see some belly pics with ur face in em too if u have any**
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...