If I have pnemonia (sp?) my chest is really hurting and im tired but I cant lay down cause I cant breathe and I start getting really dizzy. Ive been throwing up for some reason too. I dont know what the hell is wrong with me! I dont want to go to the hospital cause I dont even want to get out of bed!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 24th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I would call the hospital and tell them your symptoms. Have u researched symptoms on line? Hun , im sorry ur sick but even if u dont wanna get outta bed u might need to go to the hopital, u dont want ur sickness to hurt the baby*
|

replied May 24th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Id call the doc jill. I dont think its good to have that while preg. Its not good to get it at all. Get better!!!!
Heather
|

replied May 24th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
What are the symptoms of a pneumonia?
Pneumonia may follow an upper respiratory infection or may begin with cold symptoms. Chills and fever develop, with temperature rising as high as 105?176?F.

The patient feels weak and experiences muscle aches and appetite loss. Breathing becomes difficult and is complicated by a cough.

As the illness progresses, the cough produces sputum, ranging from green to yellow to rusty in color. Rusty sputum usually indicates internal bleeding.

If left untreated, the lung infection can spread to other parts of the body, including the joints, ear, heart, brain (which can lead to meningitis) or bloodstream - often causing death.

What are the signs and symptoms of a common pneumonia?
The description that follows is that for a pneumonia caused by pneumococci, but this is rather similar for other types of pneumonia.

The onset is usually sudden with a single shaking chill; persistent chills suggest an alternative diagnosis. This is ordinarily followed by:

fever;

pain with breathing on the involved side (pleurisy);

cough;

dyspnea;

production of sputum.

The pain may be referred and, with involvement lobe of the lung may suggest symptoms of sepsis in the abdomen. The temperature rises rapidly to 38?176?C to 40.5?176?C; the pulse is usually 100 to 140 per minute; respirations accelerate to 20 to 45 per minute.

Additional common findings
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Bhupinder HirA
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...