Hi,
i'm yet another 'nnewbie on here looking for any advice anyone can give me.
My daughter is 21 years old and was diagnosed with ppcoswhen she was 18. The thing is i'm more worried about it than her!! She hardly ever has periods, has thinning hair, is slightly overweight, has terrible mood swings, and has been violent towards me in the past. She says she never wants children so see's this as a bit of a blessing.(tho' I know it does'nt mean she can't concieve)

she hasnt been back to the doctors since she was diagnosed and I don't know what to do! She was origionally put on the pill, but this is when her first violent mood swing came into play and she hit me! She stopped taking it. She has an aversion to needles so refuses to go back to see the doctor in case she has to have a blood test.

She does always co,plain about the symptoms but will not see anyone to sort them out!!

Also, shes started an 'internet' dating thing with a person who she has met and has fallen for! He has 'bipolar' diseise and is on medication too and is prone to mood swings. He lives some distance away and everytime she visits I always xpect something bad to happen, as I know my daughter is in no position at present to look after this guy. This guy has been rude about my daughter on the net and has sent me obscene vids. She knows about him being rude but not about the vids. Her explaination is ' he was just mucking around'!

I am at my wits end and dont know what to do! Any help would be appreciated! Sorry to go on!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2018
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms are consistent with borderline personality disorder. She would need cognitive behavioural therapy sessions.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
User Profile
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.