I've been suffering from various symptoms in the last few weeks and a friend of mine said it sounded like high blood pressure.

I've been getting a tightness in both my forearms, a build up type pressure in both sides of my temple, chest pain, and the occasional tingle in my head after the pressure pain.

Also, my feet feel tight and swollen all the time, but they don't appear swollen.

And finally i've been getting a pulsing throb in various parts of my body, arms, head, and my legs.

I am over weight with a 33 bmi, and my job involves sitting all day.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 23rd, 2004
Experienced User
High Blood Pressure
Do you get red faced? Do you get dizzy? I would seek a doctor just to be sure. Wink
|

replied May 23rd, 2004
Yer...
I often get flustered when just walking, and a warm sensation sometimes when I get the throbing pains.

I don't really feel dizzy, its more lightheaded when I get the pains in my head.

Do you think this is high blood pressure? I am only 24 years old as well.
|

replied June 12th, 2004
Hi
Johnnb. U are highly vulnerable. I experience that too.
|

replied June 12th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Being overweight (if my calculations are right - we're in metric!) & having a job where you sit too much you really need to get out & do some exercise but>>>> it should be fun not a horror story. With high blood pressure you also need to consider stress as an additional factor (also consider home, work, & personal stress issues as to really overcome the health problems you need to not only learn to deal with consequences like stress but also figure out what's causing the stress & try to do something about that too!!).

Start by getting a basic yoga tape (including the meditation parts) a yoga mat (makes it alot more comfy to do!!), & do that daily for 1/2 an hour am or pm, take a 30-60 minute briskish walk around dawn, take 50 mg pd at night of 5htp(tryptophan - you can google this for fuller details but essentially it goes to work on the serotonin in the brain to balance stress) and give it about 4-8 weeks to work. In the meantime try & remove yourself from stressful people & situations or learn how to deal with them in less stressful ways.

I would also suggest that you have blood pressure & blood sugar levels checked as either or both could be causing these symptoms but all too often with either stress is the bottom line cause (even with high blood sugar >> many people eat when stressed & eat the wrong foods!!)
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Arvind Malhotra
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....