Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Teen Pregnancy Forum

I'm Gonna Be a Model!!! (Page 1)

I went to this model search today to try out and it was so exciting!!! I had to say a line on camera for them to see what I look like on camera. I was nervous at first, but it was really fun. When we all walked into the room they were like, "now, some of you will come back tonight, but most of you wont." right after I got done trying out, they guy stuck out his hand to shake mine and congratulate me and told me that I was coming back tonight!!!! So, i'm going back there tonight at 7:30. I'm not sure what i'll be doing then, but oh geez this is so exciting. I've wanted to be a model since I can remember, and now i'm finally getting the chance. I just hope I make it through whatever else I have to do tonight. It's like model american idol. Lol.

Blu
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 22nd, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Sweetie that is soo great I wanna see pictures!!!
|

replied May 22nd, 2004
Congrats!! I wish you lotssss of luck!! Im going to try modeling when I get my braces off!!

<3
gaby
|

replied May 22nd, 2004
Alrighty...I will definitly post them as soon as I get some...If I do. Wish me luck!!!

Blu
|

replied May 22nd, 2004
Good luck sweetie!
|

replied May 22nd, 2004
Experienced User
Congrats! That is so exciting! I hope that u can be a model!!!
~christina
|

replied May 22nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Congrats!!! That is awesome
heather
|

replied May 22nd, 2004
Experienced User
Congratulations! Have lots of fun with it- if it gets to the point where your not having fun- quit! Modeling is all about fun, flirty outfits, cute poses and your pay checks. Not diets, cranky photographers or agents! Always remember that!

Karlee
|

replied May 22nd, 2004
How'd it go??

<3
gaby
|

replied May 22nd, 2004
Ok, I wont know officially until I call back tomorrow morning....But they guy said I was gorgeous!!! They really loved my eyes. They thought they were fake! Lol. I was like, "nope...100% natural". You guys this has always been my dream and now i'm finally getting a chance at it. It's like a dream come true and really want to do it, but I came home tonight and sat down and thought about it and now i'm starting to have second thoughts. I'd have to travel to wherever they wanted to do the photo shoots and i'd have to be able to spend money (which I don't have). I've always wanted to model and it's my dream, but I don't know if I can do it. I mean, I have to think about ethan. I can't just leave him behind. He means more to me than any job ever would. It's just so hard to make a decision like this. *sigh*

blu
|

replied May 22nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Arrow
|

replied May 22nd, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I wish u the best of luck, but be careful. . People can get really hurt by modeling (emotionally) its very competetive.. And all based on looks of course..If you dont end up making it 'all the way' dont let it get u down about yourself. I used to do modeling, but I quit because the pressure on thinness wasnt good for me with my issues, but really its not good for anyone... Dont start starving or anything like alot of models do and make sure ethan always comes first* (im sure he will). But goodluck hun ur a pretty girl~
|

replied May 23rd, 2004
Hey blu Smile
congratulations!!!! I'm so glad that your finally doing something you like Smile I know this is going to sound a bit negative I just want to warn you to be careful because it's easy to get sucked into the whole modelling "lifestyle". I was a model ever since I was a child then I started doing it again in my teen years and although I did at times have lots of fun it can be extremely stressful and my e/d got increasingly worse because of the pressures to fit into certain clothes for photo shoots. In fact sometimes my friends would go to the hospital to get enemas before a shoot to lose 5lbs to fit into the size 2 they had to wear that day. I'm really happy for you and hope you enjoy doing it just be careful and stay healthy and happy.
Best of luck
tanya
|

replied May 23rd, 2004
You guys might think i'm crazy, but here it goes...
It had always been my dream to be a model, but last night I did a lot of thinking. I didn't go to the photo shoot today. As much as I really wanted to model, I decided that I needed to be spending my money on ethan, rather than pictures of myself. I have the rest of my life to get a modeling career, but right now is when being in ethan's life is the most important thing and what he needs most. They called me at 9:45 and told me that they had picked me and really wanted to work with me, but I had to tell them that I couldn't do it. And to turn down an offer like that takes a lot of will power and a lot of love for ethan on my part. If i'm really meant to model, another chance will come along again later. I feel kind of down about it, but I know that it's for the best.

Blu
|

replied May 23rd, 2004
Hey sweetie I am soooo sooo proud of u it takes a lot of love for one lil person to turn something down that u have always wanted im very proud of u and u are a great mommy!!!
|

replied May 23rd, 2004
Thanx. Today isn't a very good day for me. I feel really down. Tonight was my senior prom, and I couldn't go. For one, I didn't have a date...And two, I couldn't afford it. Then, the thing with turning the photo shoot down. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad today really sucks. I feel like going to my room and crying for a few hours. Also, I wont be able to go to my graduation ceremony next month because my school didn't tell me when to order my cap and gown because I had finished up all of my packets by then and was out of school. I feel like such a loser. I'm missing the best night of my high school career tonight! And to make things worse.....I'm alone. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

blu
|

replied May 23rd, 2004
I didn't go to prom either, didn't appeal to me! What color cap and gown do you need?
|

replied May 23rd, 2004
White
|

replied May 23rd, 2004
Do you have a messenger?
|

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Hey where are the pics? Post them!!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...