I'm starting to get some of the dreaded symptoms that I hoped would never come--insomnia, fatigue, occasional night sweats, lack of concentration, memory disturbances, very rare hot flashes, loss of libido. I'm only 42, I still have regular periods, and i'm fairly certain i'm still ovulating. I'm in good health otherwise. I don't think i'd want hrt, even later, because of the risks. Who's had good luck with alternative therapy, and how so? I'm aware of the standard advice...Progesterone creams, soy supplements, black cohosh, evening primrose, etc. Does anyone have advice about the most effective routes?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 30th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I have used midlife ease for mild symptoms of perimenopause. The product is make by Jarrow Formulas. It has worked well for me. Other women I know have had good results from soy supplements.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....