My boyfriend is 20 years of age, and healthy. He is not one to drink water or eat healthy. But lately he has been urinating constantly and drinking water like crazy. When I asked him why he was all the sudden drinking water he replied that nothing else quenches his thirst. Can this be diabetes because it runs in his family. Please help me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 19th, 2004
Hey, sorry for the late response, and I hope you still get this. Frequent urination, and an unquenchable thirst, are the 2 biggest sign's of diabeties type 1. When I was diagnosed, I went to the washroom once an hour, and I would drink 6-7 cups of water every 2 hours. And still be thirsty. I also was never hungry, and went 3-4 days without eating.

Get a blood test done on him as soon as possible, just to be sure, cause if it is diabeties, and u leave it untreated, it can lead to very bad results. Such as a diabetic coma.
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus and psychogenic polydispia share similar features.
I would suggest you fasting blood sugar,urinalysis followed by water deprivation test.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.