Hey there ladies (and gents that may be present)! =) well, i've been looking over this forum for the past 24 hrs or so, and thought it would be an interesting place to start to get feedback on some of my "possible" pregnancy concerns =). Hope i'm welcome here ^_^"

well, to start off, i'm 20 yrs old and just recently married. My husband is in the navy (hence my username), and we are currently residing on the west coast. Newayz... I just recently started taking bc (alesse-28, I believe it's called) about a month ago (4/20/04 to be exact), and assuming it would be effective after 7 days, my husband and I began to feel more comfortable about having unprotected sex. This, however, didn't start until about a week and a half to about 2 wks after I had started the bc. I know in the first wk, i'd miss a pill, but as soon as i'd remember (usually by the next day at the latest), i'd take the missed pill, and continue on w/ my normal dosage. Sooo... Having done that early on, I figured i'd be protected from whatever "unprotected" sex we had afterwards.

Well, here's what's going on now. For the past day or two, i've been "spotting" (if that's what you call small hints of blood in one's discharge; sorry if i'm being so blunt ^_^"), and when my husband and I are done making love, when I wipe myself, there's a brownish type residue. My breasts have also been sore to the point where I don't even have to touch 'em; I just stand up, and it seems like they're so huge and heavy that some invisible force is pulling down on 'em. I wake up (sometimes in the middle of the night) with this nasty feeling in the back of my throat, as if i'm gonna throw up, and for some odd reason I was unexplainably tired yesterday and felt like I was getting a fever. Is this weird or what?!!

Well, I took a pregnancy test today (my nerves got the best of me), but it came out negative. I guess I shouldn't really be surprised since it's technically too soon to test, but what do you guys think? Do you think it's possible for me to be pregnant w/ what i'm experiencing now? Or am I just overreacting? I know at first I wanted to wait a while before having children, but after feeling the way that i've been feeling, i've started to become hopeful of the little blessing that may be growing inside of me Wink . Any words y'all could offer would be greatly appreciated =) thanks!

P.S.
Sorry it was such a long post Embarassed
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 13th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Welcome to the forum! Usually on a new birth control, spotting is normal.. Youre other symptoms point to pregnancy but also occur on birth control. When you miss a pill you should use a backup protection for a week or 2, but I dont think youre pregnant. I would wait a lil while, about a week or 2 to take another test if you wish. Good luck!!!

<3
gaby
|

replied May 13th, 2004
Hello =)
Thanx for the warm welcome, gaby =)... I guess you're right about how some of the symptoms i'm having right now could be nothing more than side-effects of my bcp. It's so weird, 'cuz normally this would be good news, but for some reason i'm kinda disappointed with the idea of not being pregnant Sad . I guess, like I said in my earlier post, I juss started to get hyped up over "possibly" having a baby. *sighs* well, i'm due for af sometime next week, so I suppose i'll just have to wait and see if it's late then, and if so, imma be the first to run to the drugstore Wink . Either way, i've decided that if god thinks now is the time for me to be pregnant, he'll let it be, and if not, then i'll just have to wait until that time comes =). He knows what's best =). Thanx again for the advice Smile
|

replied May 13th, 2004
Experienced User
Even though your symptoms could be just from the birth control there are plenty of women who get pregnant if they don't take it right. I hope af stays away for you and you get a pos. Hpt! Good luck!
|

replied May 13th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Hello! My name is jennifer! I'm a 21 yr old mommy of 3 and insurance producer! My children are: mikey shawn, 4; zoe gabreyele, 3; and ghaleon alexzander, 2. My hubby's name is mike, 29, and we've been married for almost 5 yrs (june 15, 1999)!

About your possible pregnancy:

have you missed, or been late on any pills lately? Bcp can cause change in bleeding when not taken properly (everyday at the same time). If you have been current and you are still on you first pack, it could just be your body getting used to the pill. If you are late...Take a test! Let me know what's up!

~jennifer~
|

replied May 14th, 2004
Hi There! =)
Caracook

thanks for the optimistic view =). In addition to my other "supposed" pregnancy symptoms, I juss had the strangest experience about an hour ago when I walked into my bedroom and smelled a strong scent of blood (yea, I know that's kinda morbid, but that's what I was smelling ^_^"). My husband was standing next to the door, so I thought maybe his nose was bleeding or something and that's why it was so strong, but he told me that the only presence of blood he knew of was a small sore at the bottom of his leg! Is that strange or what?!! My husband was even teasing me, calling me a "shark" 'cuz I could smell the smallest hint of blood so distinctly! Lol! I dunno... I juss realized how stupid I must seem right now, tho, hoping to be pregnant when i'm taking bcp Embarassed . Well, I guess we'll find out if this is really all in my head or not sometime next week if af pays her monthly visit Wink .

Insurancegirl (jennifer)

nice to meet ya, and congratulations on your wonderful family! Smile it must be nice *^.^*. Well, to answer your question, no, I haven't missed or been late on any pills lately-- unless you consider a maximum of 2 hrs behind schedule on taking them once or twice in the past 2 wks "late". Like I was saying to caracook, I guess i'll juss wait to see if i'm late or not next week, and believe me-- if I am, i'll be sure to test right away! =)

thanks so much, you guys, for all of your support! Y'all are great! *^.^*
|

replied May 14th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Can't wait to hear the results!

~jennifer~
|

replied May 14th, 2004
Very Interesting...
I just started my first month of the bc patch. My doc very emphatically told me to use back up my first month, as the possibility of pg is much greater til next month. I did not know bc produced some symptoms, even tho I know some pills work by making yer body "think" it is pg, so symptoms should not be unusual. I was having some slight symp's, didnt really think it was bc I was pg, but was fearful I was. I am not ready for that, even if I do have another someday. I feel better.

Usnw, I dont wonder if yer not pg? (not to raise yer hopes...) you said early on, you werent completely consistent, it is yer first month, and yer symp's seem stronger than what mine are. (exc. The blood thing, thats just weird Wink )
as to yer ambivalence of you want to be pg yet on the pill, I was that way at twenty also. At 21 I didnt want one at all! If yer not, ya get to enjoy yer hubby all to yerself for awhile, and know him as himself before he "transforms" into a dad.

Pray all will work out for best- either way Smile
m~r
|

replied May 14th, 2004
Mercyrose

thanks for the response! It's nice to meet you =). So I guess you've been experiencing the same strange effects of bc as well, eh? Hehe... Who knows what's going on w/ us, right? Laughing

well, you're right about me not being very consistent w/ my bcp in the beginning; I couldn't seem to remember to take the darn things everyday! Wink I finally got it right (most of the time ^_^") within a couple days, but it may have been a couple days too late! Guess we'll have to wait and see ^_^". Btw, I agree that the whole "blood thing" was really weird; I can't seem to explain it myself. Hey! But if it's of any comfort, I haven't smelled any more blood today... Lol!

Newayz! I'm pretty content w/ whatever result I get next week (minus the initial sobbing should I find out i'm not pg ^_^") bcuz I do love my husband very much and would enjoy spending more time with him one-on-one. Besides, we can always try again in the future for another baby, right? Right! =)

thanx again, m~r, and i'll be prayin' that things work out for the best as well! =)
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul