Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lupus Forum

Should I Use My Eggs Or a Donor

I am wondering if I should use my own eggs for a surrogancy or a donor.
So far I am thinking of going with a donor. I am affraid of passing on a lupus gene to the baby. Some people would say lupus is genetic and others would say it isnt however, I dont think I am willing to take that risk.
How about you guys? What would you do?

Shawna
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 13th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Hi shawna...I can honestly tell you that my hubby and I have been fretting over this for about four years...Still no decision.

I have pros and cons for both. Not much help am i? Smile

hugs,
ladybrannon
|

replied May 13th, 2004
Hmmm
Well, I think I will use a donor because otherwise I will always be worried
at every doctors appointment. That wouldnt be good for my lupus or the baby. I would feel like I was living on the edge. I want to live stress free.
So we are leaning towards donor.

Shawna
|

replied May 14th, 2004
Experienced User
Donor Eggs
Hi,
i was in remission for 7 years when we started hormone injections to get pregnant, ( since at the age of 36 I was not making eggs, which I latter found out can be caused from having had lupus earlier) and it started a flare for me in october. I finally got everything under control, but now we are faced with exactly the same problem. Do we dare attempt to get pregnant again or just use a surrogate ( either way I have to use my sister's eggs since I haven't made any of my own in 3 years).

And in the vanity department, i'm a little sad that i'm the only blonde in the family besides my mother, who has passed, and my sister and husband both have dark hair and skin. So, no matter what, it won't look like me, but I would give that all up just to have a baby. We have been trying for 4 years and spent around $15,000!

Good luck to you

mia
|

replied November 29th, 2017
Hello OP! How are you doing now? Any news? How long have you been ttc? I have my twins through de ivf. My first 3 kids were conceived naturally. It took us 4 years to have our twins. Everyone was telling us "You have 3 children already! Stop your ttc already! Don't be stupid and forget about such nonsense as an egg donor!" But we didn't care. We continued trying till our dream of having big loud family came true. I hope you're doing great. Keep fighting and don't lose hope!
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....