Every time I stand up, my vision goes blurry dark-like and I get extremeley light headed to where I feel as though I have to hold on to something so I don't fall over. A few seconds later i'm fine. What's wrong with me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 15th, 2003
Experienced User
The only thing in the world I can think of is so simple: you're not drinking enough water. Try drinking more water. Couldn't hurt. Worth a try!
|

replied September 17th, 2003
Light-headedness
A couple of years ago, I also felt light-headed all the time-when I was driving, when I got up from the cough etc. I went to the doctor and she told me that I had extremely low traces of iron in my body. Foods that have large percentages of iron in them are: nuts, spinach, and fish. I also took vitamins everyday to bring more iron into my body. After a couple of weeks, all of the light-headedness went away. So, maybe you should try to drink lots of fluids and more iron in your diet to combat any bluriness. Good luck!
|

replied September 22nd, 2003
Experienced User
Dizzyness & Blurrred Vision
These are also pre warnings called tia's that are transic ishemic attacks which are early signs of an upcoming stroke, bumping into walls sudden memory problems, you really should go to your physicians and clear this matter up before something drastric happens. You don't want to have any regrets that could have been avoided. Don't take chances with you health.
'georgie' :d
|

replied October 1st, 2003
Dizziness
I have the same symptoms and I was told by my doctor that it is sinus related, fluid build up behind the eardrum.
|

replied October 3rd, 2003
Experienced User
Go to the doctor....It could be something serious. Sounds like you may be anemic.....
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
It could be due to vasovagal syncope, anemia,
Addison disease, drugs or arrhythmia.
You need full assessment.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Tags: vision
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Muhammad Khalil
User Profile
Deepak Anvekar
User Profile
Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vision and Eye Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.