i've heard many different things about sunlight and lupus. i have lupus nephritis (sp) and my doctor says i should be fine with 30spf and just no real intent for tanning (no laying out in the sun) but for the most part being in the general sunshine should be fine.

what have others expeirenced?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 1st, 2008
Photosensitivity in fluorescent lighting
Does anyone get to where their lips turn blue and their whole body is as white as a sheet with over an hour of exposure to fluorescent lighting? I don't know how i'm going to go to college just for that reason i don't know what kind of clothing i'm going to have to wear or something.
|

replied November 9th, 2008
anytime I am exposed to the smallest amount of sunlight or uncovered flourescent light I experience nausea, dizziness, migraine and flushing. I own a lot of hats and they help alot, when my lupus is really flared up and I am more photosensitive.

I also wear Gerta Spillman pancake foundation and it actually works better than most sunscreens. When i don't wear it I can get sick in as little as 5 minutes and have to go sleep for 2 to 3 hours. Sam's and wal-mart have horrible lights.

good luck
Mia
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....