Hydrocodone is the only pain killer that works for me when I get migraines. Does anyone know if hydrocodone can be used while doing a medical abortion? The doctor gave me naproxen to use and I forgot to ask him about using hydrocodone for the pain. By reading some of the posts here it seems apparent that I will be having moderate pain.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
You will ahve moderate to severe pain..

Most likely you will have about an hour of severe pain, followed by moderate pain, then lighter pain.

You can use hydrocodone.. I am surprised the doctor only gave you Naproxen :/
|

replied October 27th, 2009
take the vicodin (hydrocodone-generic). Naproxin sodium will be useless. having had this procedure done myself, I wouln't bother with the naproxin. Just use your hydrocodone and you will be fine.
|

replied January 23rd, 2013
i just had a abortion yesterday .the pills they gave me to soften my cervix caused thw worst pain iv ever felt i had to ask for the i v sedation still i felt everything. after they gave my tylenol. haha yeah like that will help. i had left over hydrocodone from a tooth i had pulled. it def helped! im still having cramps and alittle pain but the bleeding has stopped.
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....