I have this face thing that I don't know what it's called. I'm just 18 and one of my eyes doesn't want to fully close and now one side of my lip (the same side as where my eye isn't working) won't cooperate as well as before. I think it started when my ear was hurting and now my right side of my face isn't working as well as before... I need someone to help me
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 7th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
You may want to look into informations on bells pausy (sp?). My aunt had this, also when she was 18, and it was said to have been caused from depression. You will have to get on medication to balance the chemicals in your brain for you face to go back to normal.

Good luck,

~jennifer~
|

replied May 7th, 2004
Experienced User
Bells Palsy
What you have is bells palsy. It is not a serious thing. What you need to go is look in the mirror and do some exercised to get the musles going again. They will. I had it over 30 years ago when I was pregnant with my first child. Good luck. Wink
|

replied May 10th, 2004
Thanks
Hey thanks it's been getting sore a bit so I think it'll start working now... But I have been a bit depressed and a little bit more than stressed out but thank you... I really needed a nit of a conformation about it...
|

replied May 10th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Good luck on the recovery process!

~jennifer~
|
Tags: eyes, ear
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....