Medical Questions > Cancer > Cervical Cancer and Ovarian Cancer Forum

Cervical problems and pain - cancer?

Hi -

For the last 7 months I have been on a roller coaster of gyn / cervical issues. Briefly, I had an abnormal pap test (first one) last July that said CIN 2 and 3. I had a colpo and several biopsies that came back completely normal. After that I went for a second opinion and had a pap in Oct that came back completely normal. As another followup I had another colposcopy and pap in January. The pap came back normal, but the biopsy said CIN 1 with no ECC involvement.

Throughout this time I have been experiencing painful intercourse. it feels like a sore, burning - similar to a yeast infection, but i don't have one. recently i felt rectal pressure during intercourse too. I have also been experiencing constipation and I had three UTI's over the summer. i am so scared - I know something is not right!!

Do you think I have cancer and they just can't find it? Could birth control pills have anything to do with this? I started on yaz in July. I got married this year and want to have a baby next year...

Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
What types of bacteria were causing your UTI's?
Do you usually have abnormal menstrual periods?

CIN1 or mild dysplasia can be identified by regular cervical screening with a Pap test and is definitively diagnosed by a colposcopy and directed biopsy (biopsy is the only way to know for sure if you have cancer, because it allows your doctors to get cells that can be examined under a microscope)
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....