replied February 27th, 2008
Especially eHealthy
Lol I just found out about it. I never felt anything
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I'm glad i'm not the only one. I was told this morning from my cousin and i was confused because i'm a very lightsleeper and was kept up all night by my cat meowing and scratching at the doors. she hates it when we go to bed but if i leave the doors open they'll go hyper
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
apparently they even felt it in London towerblocks. My mum lives in a towerblock and she never felt anything
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
they have earthquakes in england? I never knew that!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
We always have earthquakes but they are always too small to even feel it. this time i think it was a 5.2. and yet i didn't feel a thing LOL
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
A "significant" earthquake which hit the UK resulted in at least one injury and damage likely to run into millions of pounds.

The Association of British Insurers said that the cost of damage to homes and property is likely to be in excess of £10 million.

The tremor hit at around 1am and was measured at 5.2 on the Richter scale.

Its epicentre was near Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, but emergency services across the UK received calls following the incident.

The British Geological Survey (BGS) initially gave the magnitude for the 12.56am earthquake as 5.3 on the Richter scale but has now said it was closer to 5.2.

It said the centre was 8km east of Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, and 22km south west of Grimsby.

Seismologist Dr Brian Baptie of the BGS said: "This is a significant earthquake for the UK and will have been widely felt across England and Wales."

The BGS said it records around 200 earthquakes in the UK each year - an eighth of which are able to be felt by residents.

It said earthquakes of this size occur in the mainland UK around every 30 years but are more common in offshore areas.

Wednesday's quake is the largest since 1984 when an earthquake measuring 5.4 on the Richter scale shook the Lleyn Peninsula of north Wales and was widely felt across England and Wales.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
lol I didnt feel anything either. We are all really heavy deep sleepers though lol!
My sister said her hubby woke her up in the middle of the night to tell her he could feel the house shaking (It wasnt really noticeable I dont think) Anyways she told him to shut up and go back to sleep lol!! They both woke up and watched the news this morning and said they just stared at each other!!
I heard a man was sitting on the toilet after being in the pub all night when it happened!! He said he wondered what the heck he'd been drinking!!
|

replied February 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Nope, missed it! Max did wake up at around 1am shouting for me though so I think he may have felt it.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Im glad i'm not the only one
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
wow did not feel a thing!

think am too far away though
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
i'm not that far away and yet i felt nothing lol
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
lol. scotland gets no action at all

am gutted only thing we get is oooh its windy again but these dam brick houses are soo safe we dnt need to worry lol
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
we get wind here aswell but its awful at night! being a top floor flat, its soo noisy and i cant sleep! silly me, i get a lil frightened when its very windy, yet i find thunder and lightening soothing lol
|

replied February 29th, 2008
Experienced User
im in bristol loads of people felt it but i was fast asleep, shame really.. but nice to feel a earth quake in england. Smile I surrived the earth quake 2008
|

User Profile
replied March 1st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
lol wasn't it like the biggest for 20 years or something, which is why everyones talking about it yet it was only a 5.2 lol!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...