Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

11% ejection fraction on Hida -surgery required ?

With 11% ejection fraction would that require gallbladder surgery? I'm confused because one doctor is saying no and the other is saying yes. With a weight loss of now 50 lbs, barely can eat anything and no proteins as well, I just want to get to the bottom of this and find out what the problem is.

The doctor that is saying no, says that I need to go see a gastro doctor.

The doctor that is saying yes, is setting me up with his personal family surgeon to get another opinion.

Thanks for any imput

Rhia
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 24th, 2008
If it were me, I would check out all possibilities before making an appointment to have surgery. The last thing you want, is to have had surgery and then find out it was actually something else causing your problems.
Best of luck to you. I hope you get well.
P.S. Smile Could you try taking a lecithin and a taurine supplement 1-2 times a day with food in the mean time? Maybe it will help you feel better. Either way I think it would be harmless. I take them and have not noticed any side effects.
|

replied February 24th, 2008
Thanks for your reply, unfortunately lecithin is a protein and that makes me even worse Sad

Rhia
|

replied November 14th, 2012
If its working at 11%, that means its probably.. dying from the sound of it. I've been having the same problems and my gallbladder is only working at 17% and decreasing every day. I'm only 17 years old and with no localized pain or really much else, I seminar to be baffling doctors. The only issues that really threw me into thinking something was wrong in the first place was 4 years ago when I started getting nauseous all the time and also started "earping ". Its a mixed between a Burk and a hickup. Although this isn't out of the blue extraordinary, it becomes apparent after a few months of constantly earping. ._. I recommend possible removal if its not working obviously. That's what I'm trying to do l; after the factory percent drops under 20%, its usually to late to fix it.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....