Your b/f sounds just like me.
Sometimes I can feel what is happening to me. So far I have had tests and nothing is wrong with me. They dont know why I have this either. The medication works for a short while then it stops working. It sucks so bad. Sometimes the noises I make are like a high pitch squiel like a pig I guess well thats what my g/f tells me anyways. I am 21 yrs old and this has only just begun to happen to me over the past 6 months. It makes me so down at times. And then you have to deal with the fact that if you do hurt your self then the bruises or the carpet burn is there as a reminder for a week atleast. I dont bite my tongue. But I can hear sometimes and maybe I can answer when I am fighting the initial stages.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 6th, 2004
Hey there. I'm sorry the same things are going on with you, although i'm glad to have found this forum and find others. I do alot of research on the internet so I can understand it more... But i've never talked or known anyone else with it. My fiance also will be using this screen name. So on any given post it might be from me or from him.
Thanks for writing. It never even occured to me that maybe he could hear me while having a siezure. I'm curious to see.

Another thing is i've noticed there are alot of epilepsy awarness/funded programs and walks in europian countries. And none here in the usa. Since your in australia... Do you know of any around you? I try to look for anything epilepsy related, but there is nothing around here. Kind of sad.
|

replied May 7th, 2004
Experienced User
Ryguy,
i don't know where in the usa your located.... But the epilepsy foundation does walks all over during the summer.(in michigan there is 4) give them a call.... 800-332-1000 this the national number.

I'm glad you found the site too.... It helps greatly being able to talk to other people who go through the same things we do.....

I can hear during my seizures too. I don't always remember everything though.
Jill
|

replied May 8th, 2004
Are you kidding? There are walks where you live? I've tryed to search under everything I can think of, but I can't find anything! Good thing I didn't go into research! Lol

thanks for the number, I will definetly call it!!! By the way, we live in the d.C area.
Smile
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....