User Profile
I kept thinking I was having bladder problems because I was leaking this clear fluid all the time. I thought I had a bladder infection so I went to the dr. today and they told me no I didn't have a bladder infection. I said I was having a burning feeling in that area, peeing alot, and pelvic pressure, something was wrong but I did not know what. She decided to do a swab and said immediately I have bacterial vaginosis. I am 17 weeks prego and scared for my baby! I did some research and it seems bacterial vaginosis can cause pre term labor and a low birth weight. I think I've had the infection for a long time without knowing so I am really stressed out.

So my question is, has anyone else been diagnosed with this during pregnancy and how did your pregnancy go?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Here is a helpful link with BV. Don't worry about how long you've had it or whatever. If you didn't know, it's not your fault and you can't do something about what has happened in the past. The good thing is that you are taking measures to do something about it now. There are safe anti-biotic treatments for pregnant women.

http://www.4women.gov/faq/stdbv.htm
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2008
Thanks for the link. I was prescribed cream and antibiotics and after that treatment, I am all better. Smile
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...