I was diagnosed with pcos back about 15 years ago and have hirsutism and weigh 255# I have literally tried just about everything to lose weight,
I have lost and regained the same 30# about 5 or 6 times over the past
decade. I have a consult for gastric bypass surgery I was curious if there are any other women out there with pcos who have has gastric bypass and
if it has helped with hirsutism and have they kept the weight off?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 6th, 2008
gastric bypass
Smile Hi,
I'm new to this- I am 58 and had the gastric bypass 2001-- I am very happy with my weight loss- I was 300lbs 2x - lost and regained about 800lbs - 50,75,100 at a time- did everything - now I range between 118 and 140- I am 138 right now and go on a cruise in 2 days so if you want to chat I might not reply for a couple of weeks- I was very uncomfortable and had a hair problem before - do not know what pcos is .
|

replied March 6th, 2008
PCOS also called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome is a disorder in women that effects the menstral cycle often there are lack of or infrequent periods with abnormal male pattern hair growth d/t increased levels of testerone. Also connected to metabolic syndrome it is common to develop high blood pressure elevate cholesterol and diabetes. Insulin resistance where yours
cells no longer work well metabolizing your own insulin to work for you and carbohydrates especially simple ones are stored on as fat. So weight gain and difficulty losing it are a problem.

If you would like to correspond about gastric bypass/pcos I would love to hear from you.
|

replied March 7th, 2008
gastric bypass
yes will respond in 2 weeks going out of country on cruise bye
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....