Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Heart throbbing causing loss of sleep

My heart has throbbed for 16 months. Its very hard to sleep and it drives me crazy. I have been near suicide many time. I went to the emergency room once with bad chest pains but it was anxiety. I have taken xanax, and propanohol. It has helped a little but it still pounds. And I have gone to acupuncture three times. This has helped. Anybody know how to stop heart pounding?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 10th, 2008
Honestly i think its all in your head.. When you think about your heart ponding its going to continue. Personally when i think about my heart beating it gets faster then that starts to scare me, trust me its all in your head. Try thinking about something else or just doing something to get your mind off it. If your having a hard time falling asleep get an ipod or something and listen to music, that might help
Next time it happens just tell your self your making it happen and its nothing else
|

replied March 10th, 2008
Thanks, I'l try this. I have been listening to slow music and it seems to help. I've been under extreme stress and unhappiness. I'm working on getting my system to relax.
|

replied March 11th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I don't know how old you are. But, that really does not matter. My question is, have you had you blood pressure checked lately. You can check it at any pharmacy or Wal-mart etc on one of those machines. Although I do not put alot of trust in them. I like to hear what I am looking at. Guess just part of the medical in me. I have three....one LCD, and two regular real ones. I alway have used my ones with the stephescope. You can hear your beat as the pressure drops from high point to low point.
I would not personally put that out of the "rule out" puzzle.

Carrie
|

replied March 11th, 2008
Thanks, yes once my anxiety was so bad I had severe chest pains and I thoughtI was having a heart attach but it was an anxiety attack. I had blood pressure check and stress test and ekg. All are perfect. Physically, I'm in excellent condition, I'm 51. I'm 6'1" and weigh 180. I'm in good shape but suffer from heart pounding for 1 1/2 years. Its not as bad now but I stillhave it.
|

replied July 31st, 2009
throbbing heart
hi, i am suffering with this at the moment, mky blood pressure and oulse rate is fine, mine are so bad its like my heart misses a beat and i got throbbing head as well. I know this sounds daft but i suck cough sweets and it helps
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...