Medical Questions > Nutrition > Diets and Diet Plans Forum

Organic versus natural food

I'd like to switch to organic and natural foods. If you use organics and naturals how do you like them?
What about the cost? We recently tried 100% natural chicken and didn't care for it. It's hard to try new foods only to waste them. Confused
Thanks a lot!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 20th, 2008
Supporter
Hmm.. what's there not to like about natural chicken with no antibiotics? What was the difference for you?

I am an organic advocate. If not, be sure at least to wash your vegetables and fruits to remove all the PESTICIDES!
|

replied February 20th, 2008
Experienced User
The texture of the chicken was different. (That's so whiny when I see it in black & white!)

Can you shop at a conventional supermarket? I love Whole Foods but there aren't any where I live. There are Fresh Market and Wild Oats.
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
I find organic meat to be more juicy, nonetheless, you can find it at most local grocers. Enquire at the meat counter and the assistant should be able to point out the brand(s) to you. Or, read the labels for the meats.
|

replied February 21st, 2008
Experienced User
Thanks, I was in the store this morning and looked for it. They had a few cuts of meat and some ground beef. I'll do my grocery shopping this weekend and be on the lookout for natural and organic products.
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2008
Supporter
Good luck...Ii's really not THAT much more expensive. And if you want to buy regular fruits and vegetables, just get a veggie wash like the fruit and veggie wash by Healthy Harvest. The wash will clean the chemicals and pesticides from the food that you eat.
|

replied February 23rd, 2008
Experienced User
I bought a few natural and organic products, however, I did buy more produce. It's easy to incorporate into the meal plan as hubby loves fruits & veg. It's a good start.
|

replied October 10th, 2008
I love Organic Food
I can understand why you didn't like the organic chicken at first. The first time I tried one I though the same thing, which is scary if you think about it. Why would this chicken taste different...hmmm...must be that lack of chemicals and such. If you're having that much of a problem just start making the switch slowly.
|

replied January 21st, 2009
i am very big on organic. i use to just shop at walmart and not care about anything. however, i read skinny women and many things changed. organic is the way to go. when you think about vegetables being sprayed with all this crap and then it ending up in your fridge weirds me out. i understand washing helps, but it doesn't wash it all off. it is also healthy for your body. i know this is very personal but im not sure how else to say it, haha. when i would go to the bathroom i even noticed a difference. organic is just a better way of eating. i say it is good to do it if you can, if not, we'll all die from something. cost is a bit more expensive. try your local farmers market. it is much cheaper and a lot of farmers have organic crops. just try it, it won't hurt.

;]
|

User Profile
replied February 16th, 2009
I made the switch...
For a little over a month now, I've been eating practically nothing but organic food. I can't decide whether it tastes better, but the feeling inside is worth the extra cost. Knowing that what you eat, has not been processed industrially is just a great feeling. But, the food budget has increased about 20% Sad
|

replied April 22nd, 2009
thanks for the insight..i'm planning to do the switch myself.. thanks again
|

replied January 6th, 2013
Don't forget to notice the organic sign by USDA,
|
Tags: Diet
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is metabolic syndrome and how is it characterized? Get started by learning more about metabolic or insulin resistance syndrome here....
Is insulin resistance related to metabolic syndrome? Does a poor diet cause metabolic syndrome? And are you at risk of developing this metabolic disorder?...
Does metabolic syndrome manifest any symptoms? Learn the characteristic signs and symptoms of metabolic problems, plus know when to seek medical help....