Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

Leukemia white blood cells

I have always been a healthy person...rarely if ever do I get sick. But for the last 7 months I keep getting infections (per my dr). I go on antibiotics, feel better for a few days and then feel awful again...this cycle has been going on for months. I also lost 15 pounds, get nights sweats, and I'm always exhausted. My doctor keeps on telling me it's an infection in my body because my white blood cell count is high, but with the medicine shouldn't I have felt better after my first round?? Why does it keep coming back?? Any thoughts??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 19th, 2008
my brother had all the symptoms u have. he was told he had a blood infection and took medicine and was fine for a few days. he went to the doctor and was diognosed with a rare blood cancer. i would go to another doctor and get a second oppinion.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...